• This topic has 22 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Jedi – Can't recommend him highly enough
  • FieldMarshall

Had a 1 to 1 with Jedi yesterday and am still totally blown away by the experience.

After a quick 5 min skills check, he made one minor change to my setup and I still cant believe how radically that changed the way I rode.

After years of throwing money at bikes, forks and tyres in an attempt to compensate for poor technique, that was all it took.

Money well spent.

ok, so Rome wasnt built in a day and there are still things I need to work on, but after 20 years of mountain biking I feel like a 5 year old kid who has just learnt to ride.

In fact I’ve just spent 1.5 hrs at the local park riding the kids skills course!! and have jusr ridden my first teeter totter! 😛
    I was having such a great time that my 5 year old had to remind me it was time to go home for tea!!

I must admit that I got the table top completely wrong the first few times (old habits die hard), but once I relaxed and remembered what Jedi had taught me all went well.

I have no illusions about being a pro, superfast or a dirt jumper(I’m a bit too long in the tooth for that) but I definitely feel more in control and I can’t stopping grinning everytime I get the wheels off the ground so effortlessly.

As the title says, I can’t recommend him highly enough, he really cuts through the crap that surrounds this sport, is an awe inspiring coach and a really decent bloke.

spacemonkey

Nice one. Bikes can so easily bring out the kid (and grin factor) in all of us, especially when we learn something new.

Tis one of my goals to have a session with the man himself. Just need to get some shizzle sorted.

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m having huge trouble with getting my bike off the ground. I think it’s time I book a session

Wookster

As the title says, I can’t recommend him highly enough, he really cuts through the crap that surrounds this sport, is an awe inspiring coach and a really decent bloke.

Sums him up to a tee!!

Yep blokes a legend I need a return visit Must get faster 😆

jam-bo

What did he change that made such a difference?

Bregante

He’d been facing the wrong way*

*This may not be right.

FieldMarshall

I knew someone would ask that!

Not sure it’s for me to say on a public forum as its not my place to give away his intellectual property for free.

singletrackmind

brake levers?

hugor
    Free Member

How do you get a lesson with Jedi? Is there a website?

sv

UK bike skills is his website/company name IIRC.

Coyote
    Free Member

Next year.

philconsequence
    Free Member

good work 😀 your inner child will be giggling and practising your local trails in your dreams for a while!

metalheart
    Free Member

brake levers?

+ 1

iain1775
    Free Member

+2

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m rucking fubbish….

I’m sat next to the missus explaining what my 38th birthday pressie should be. With the caveat that she joins me.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mad what he does and how he does it. I remember the conversations with mates afterwards.

Was it any good?
    Amazing!
    What did he do?
    I’m not sure, but I’m a Hell of a lot faster now!

As said above, best “upgrade” I ever made to my bike and it works equally well on all three of them.

As for IP. I don’t think you have to worry, I think the whole is so much more than the sum of the parts. You have to go through the process I think.

Thanks again Tony, still loving the change.

DaveyJohnston
    Free Member

Brake Levers eh?
    Yeah, maybe I’ll get some of them.

jedi

just got in and read this. thanks guys for your kind words 🙂

singletrackmind

Brake Levers eh?
    Yeah, maybe I’ll get some of them.

You take them off = Much faster.

FieldMarshall

Your welcome Jedi.

You take them off = Much faster

LOL

Apparently someone did try that and they were much much faster…….. to the point of the crash.

As Onzadog said, it’s hard to explain what he does. (By the way he said you were quick!)

I think by saying that he just made one setup change was perhaps underselling what he did. It was so much more than that, but hard to define.

What he shows you is so simple, it’s hard to get your around it. But he definitely makes you believe that you are capable of so much more than you think you are.

When I cleared the table top, I had to ask whether I had done it, as it felt so effortless, so uneventful.

The other thing I have reflected on since the course was that although I took my Five, my full face helmet, flat pedals and pressure suit (i.e. my security blanket) none of it came out of the van. I did the whole thing on my BFe with clips and a normal xc lid.

As a few others have said, he definitely finds that inner child.

pnik

The jedi mind tricks certainly work. I got loads out of thejumps and drops course which is a whole load cheaper than a 1 to 1. The man himself suggested it too. Greater teacher less so business man.
    Ive been doing stuff i used to go around before money well spent.

Euro
    Free Member

Jesus turned water into wine while Jedi turns cyclists into bike riders. Hallelujah!

Pity it takes years of throwing money at bikes, forks and tyres before realising that the bike is rarely the limiting factor when riding.
    Fair play for admitting that though. Riding for 5, 10 or 20 years and not knowing basic techniques is pretty shocking. How anyone can ride a bike for that long and not work out how to jump is hard to fathom.

jedi

some people have been happy riding wheels on the ground for years so would not have learned.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Jedi – Can't recommend him highly enough’ is closed to new replies.