Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Japanese Knotweed
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Did I read a big thread about this on here recently? Can’t seem to find it in a search – looks like our neighbours have got it,

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Ive not seen the thread but ive been dealing with this for 18 months now, in my opinion get some white spirit in a spray bottle and apply directly to the leaves.

I would recommend doing that after removing the majority with other methods such as cutting + burning (still a bad idea) and also cutting then pouring weedkiller in teh stem.

But seriously – white spirit is the way forward. It kills it in less than 24 hours in a specific patch.

Coyote
    Free Member

The only way is to dig it up and incinerate it and the surrounding soil.

Incinerate, not burn.

In the event of a nuclear holocaust the planet will be left to cockroaches feasting on Japanese Knotweed.

qfruits
    Free Member

Sarah beeney done something on japanese knot weed on Help my house is falling down on C4. You might be able to find it on YouTube on the C4 channels on there.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I bet Chuck Norris could kick its ass…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Drac – thanks. I’d not realised the ‘search’ only delivered results from the last month (nor that the thread i was looking for was as old as that).

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

hypodermic week killer into each stem. I believe this is known to work.

Cougar

hypodermic week killer

Are you Sarah Connor?

Drac

Yeah Simon it catches me out too dead easy to do.

bagpuss72
    Free Member

Nasty nasty stuff!! When I worked for the Wildlife Trust it was our biggest issue. What area of the UK you in?

magowen100
    Free Member

My experience was this:
    The surveyor of the house I’m buying said there was knotweed – turns out its not Knotweed but Pheasant Berry – the two look identical apart from the flowers so check them. If it has fluffy white flowers its knotweed. Pheasant berry has red/purple berries and white bell shaped flowers.
    If your property or that of a neighbours has knotweed most (but not all) mortgage companies will not offer a mortgage and if there is knotweed on a neighbours land they are liable if it damages your property. So if there is knotweed visible or within 7m of the foundations you’re in trouble if you’re selling/ buying.
    It is treatable but the costs can be very expensive if a guarantee is required.

100mphplus
    Free Member

You need some of those new bugs that eat Japanese Knotweed 😉
    I can’t help but think that in 10 years time we’ll be looking for a ‘pest control’ to deal with all these bugs that are now eating our crops because they’ve eaten all of the knotweed 🙄

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Japanese Knotweed’ is closed to new replies.