Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Italian challenge (STW I need your help)
  • Tinners

Here's the challenge:
    I want to take the wife and 4 kids (6 to 12) to Rome for a few days for <£1k (Wife never been there, daughter's favourite film is Roman Holiday and my sons are interested in Roman stuff after a recent visit to Caerleon). I'd like to stay in a mid range (Marriot/Copthorne equivalent – not a hostel, but not 5* either) hotel and get there by plane. What's the cheapest way of doing this and how do I go about it?
    I don't speak Italian, am a complete travel numpty having only previously booked package tours in a travel agent's shop and never online (sad, I know, but there you go). I'm assuming booking flight online and hotel direct online is best/cheapest? Late booking cheaper? I'm assuming booking a citibreak package with a travel agent is the most expensive? I haven't even looked at cost. We have lots (and I mean lots) of Tesco clubcard vouchers too and heard they they can be used towards travel?
    *cough* Wife usually arranges these things *cough* but I wanted to surprise her (in a good way).

thehustler
    Free Member

lastminute.com

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Just Google Cheap Hotel Rome, i think i was using Easytobook and got 3 nights in Rome in August for £270 for 5 of us. Wife over ruled and we're now camping down there.

amatuer

Check out Ryanair for the flights, but they also do hotels. They're usually similar to the airports they fly into – cheap and no-where near where you want to be, but you can often get one near the underground which is cheap and frequent.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Italian challenge (STW I need your help)’ is closed to new replies.