Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Is William Hague?
  • BillMC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11156963

The diversionary story does seem to be a classic attempt to derail a rumour that has circulated for a long while.

silverpigeon
    Free Member

Puerile gossip and a non story. How his statement can be considered 'diversionary' is beyond me.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

based on the rumours all pro-tour riders are "bandits" too as they all share twin rooms in the hotels, they also make sure their mates get jobs when they change teams.

probably explains the garish lycra and euro fashions

some even have a wife and kids to fool everyone

its probably a load of rubbish which will be substantiated by "where there's smoke there's fire" type gibberish

nickf
    Free Member

Point is, who would care if he was?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

This is an offensive post and should be closed and person who started it banned

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Jimmy Summerville taught him to dance.

rOcKeTdOg

i don't understand how anyone would fancy him, male or female

i don't think his sexuality is an issue, his personality however…

flippinheckler
    Free Member

nickf – Member
    Point is, who would care if he was?

His wife :roll:.

cranberry
    Free Member

Bill – maybe we could have a full accounting of your private life before we delve into that of another person's?

Have you ever shared a hotel room with another man ?

indiajazz
    Free Member

my mate knew his wife ,who was then his secretary,she used to tell him that hague was gay…

bluebird
    Free Member

Shame for his wife if it is true.

Northwind

TBH I have no idea what this thing's all about. Even if it was proof he was gay, which it blatantly isn't, why would that be news? If he was a rabid gay-basher who was outed, that would be news. As far as I know he never has been. His statement was OTT, it should have been "Dear The Media- **** off".

konabunny
    Free Member

Even if it was proof he was gay, which it blatantly isn't, why would that be news? If he was a rabid gay-basher who was outed, that would be news. As far as I know he never has been.

1) He has consistently voted against equal rights for gays: http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/mp.php?mpid=40499&dmp=826

2) He has suggested he would reintroduce Clause 28 and the ban on gays (that don't pretend they're not gay) in the military: http://www.rainbownetwork.com/UserPortal/Article/Detail.aspx?ID=3906&sid=81

TBH I have no idea what this thing's all about.

3) He appointed the not-at-all-a-boyfriend to a government advisor job despite him not having any relevant experience and being 25 years old. http://order-order.com/2010/08/24/just-asking/

Northwind

So that makes him a gay-basher does it? Like it or not many people have reservations about same-sex couples having children, if you want to depict that as being anti-gay then by all means try but I don't think it stands up to any real scrutiny, I don't have an opinion either way myself but I can see a case for and against that doesn't depend on bigotry.

(I'd need to see more about the talk of lifting the ban on gays in the military, it's not something I'd seen but your link is very weak)

I would bet you a shiny scottish pound that the appointment of Myers is nothing exceptional. The bottom line is it's no more than mudslinging so far and it's not even very good mud.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Grow up, the lot of you. What difference does it make at all if he was, not that I think he is. The fact that the question has an audience is a little sad.

nonk
    Free Member

but it's a question of his judgement coffeking didnt yknow.

🙄

konabunny
    Free Member

I would bet you a shiny scottish pound that the appointment of Myers is nothing exceptional.

The employing of spouses as "secretaries" at the taxpayer's expense and the fraudulent second homes claims were nothing exceptional either. Exceptionality is not the issue here.

If you're in political life and you vote against equality for gays under the law, if you parade your wife to score political points, if you campaign on a "family values" ticket, if you say "I believe in marriage … because I want to help the majority to fulfil their aspiration to marry and stay married" but work to prevent gay people who want to marry get married and stay married…and you then appoint your shagmuffin to a government job and the man rumoured to be another one of your shagmuffins announces divorce in the same week – then yes, you can expect some legitimate criticism over it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/1159782.stm

donsimon
    Free Member

based on the rumours all pro-tour riders are "bandits" too as they all share twin rooms in the hotels, they also make sure their mates get jobs when they change teams.

probably explains the garish lycra and euro fashions

some even have a wife and kids to fool everyone

OMG! Is this true? I have spoken to some and even shaken their hands. Is this disease you speak of contageous?

I would have thought that WH has more serious problems though! 😆

ivantate
    Free Member

I thought he was doing well in his new job but to admit to 'bad judgement' and 'naievity' when you are one of the more experienced people in charge of the country must be something similar to stupidity.

Spongebob
    Free Member

This is an offensive post and should be closed and person who started it banned

Don't be silly! This is "Lefty Track World" 😆

But back to the subject; certain people like to damage the reputation of public figures, for all manner of reasons (who knows their motivations). This is not the first, or last time.

Can't believe how the gutter press attracts so much real news airtime.

Are we all thick, or does the significant majority take this for what it is – journalists whipping up a frenzy to make a name for themselves and a pile of cash for their newspaper.

I'm sure many journalists would argue they deliver a valuable public service. Some do, but most of these don't work for tabloids.

Don't read rubbish comics, get a proper newspaper if you must.

BigJohn

How can he be gay? He's a Yorkshireman.

kimbers

Don't read rubbish comics, get a proper newspaper if you must.

which paper would that be

theyve all be bleating on about it all weekend!

if there is an issue its that hague has possible employed someone on a government salary for the wrong reasons, which considering all the expenses nonsense in the last year wasnt a very clever thing to do

quite frankly all of the press are a joke
    the bbc is bending over to try and ave itself from cuts
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11173081

and allegations of phone tapping by the nations best selling daily rag have been happily hushed up by the police
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/prescott-attacks-cameron-over-phone-tap-claims-1738349.html

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Shame for his wife if it is true.

Shame for any partner if their other half **** around, straight, gay or bender.

*EDIT: That last bit was annotated from 'Heavy Duty Black Bin Bags' (Phoenix Nights) and not meant to be offensive!

Coyote
    Free Member

Agreed

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Interesting to review the BBC coverage if this story, and compare with the BBC coverage over Labour MP Clive Betts' Brazilian rent boy job creation scheme, let alone the BBC's lack of coverage over Mandelson's little foibles into his boyfriends citizenship!

trailmonkey

I think he's let the Tory party down very badly.

Nowhere near their usual standard in sex scandal cases. I'd expect someone to be trussed up like a chicken with a satsuma in their gob at the very least.

U31
    Free Member

I still have a secret giggle to myself thinking about the Stephen Millington (?) scandle!

kimbers

quite right trailmonkey im always reminded of alexi sayle in the unversity challenge episode of the young ones when i think of tory sleaze…..

I never really wanted to be a train driver.
    They told me if I got two CSEs, I'd be head of British Steel.
    That's a load of nonsense. Look at statistics, right.
    83% of top British management have been to public school and Oxbridge.
    93% of the BBC have been to public school and Oxbridge.
    98% of the KGB have been to public school and Oxbridge.
    All you get from public school… One, a top job,
    and two, you get an interest in perverse sexual practices.
    That's why British management's so inefficient.
    They're all shutting each other's dicks in the door!

''Go on, give it another slam, Sir Michael!'' Ow!
    ''Come on, Sir Geoffrey, let's play Panzer commander and the milkmaid.''

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I still have a secret giggle to myself thinking about the Stephen Millington (?) scandle!

I still wonder if, on his departing breath, he thought 'ohh ufck, what will the press make of this?'…

binners

Mastiles. You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGPKuclsJ9o

The work of utter unbridled genius!!!!! 😀

MrWoppit
    Free Member

This "story" hasn't had the legs to make it to today's chip-papers. What a load of cobblers.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

binners – Member
    Mastiles. You mean this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGPKuclsJ9o

The work of utter unbridled genius!!!!!
    That's the one.

And it's 'Bi or straight or bender' it seems. Wonderful stuff 🙂

Northwind

konabunny – Member

"and you then appoint your shagmuffin to a government job"

I must have missed the part where he admitted that they were gay lovers. Surprised that wasn't in the news more really! Ah no, wait, you left out the "alleged", or to be more precise the "alleged with no evidence by a partisan source based on nothing but purile eyebrow-waggling"

Appointing your lover to a government job would be an issue. Appointing a man to a government job and then being accused of being their lover because Teh Internetz says so ought to be beneath notice.

project
    Free Member

For some reason the press seem to want to out men in high profile roles,first we had the chap off blue peter who died of Aids,Jason Donovan,who want gay, and won a lot of money from the papers, Freddie Mercury,of Queen, then we had Stephen Gateley, of Boyzone, who sadly died and all the really indecent reporting that went with it, especially that evil bitch from some newspaper, then we had the recent conservative MP, and the young northern lad who won britains got no talent x factor dancing on eggshells type programe,when is it going to end, while it sells newspapers that i dont buy, we are having it shoved down our throats every time somebody is outed.

What people do in their free time, and what they do for sex should be up to them not be broadcast on every media channel,for people to, say oh dear i knew all along,even if proved untrue.

Perhaps they need a union for protection, :lol:, now wheres TJ when you want him.

konabunny
    Free Member

I must have missed the part where he admitted that they were gay lovers…Appointing a man to a government job and then being accused of being their lover because Teh Internetz says so ought to be beneath notice.

Ohhhhhh, OK – the media should only report allegations which have been admitted to by the people doing them, I see.

So going by the same logic, there's no reason to think that Mandelson's extension of reduction of aluminium tariffs on Oleg Deripaska's exports to the EU was anything to do with Mandelson's friendship with Deripaska. And there's no reason to think that Mandelson hanging out on his yacht meant that he and Deripaska were friendly. After all, there could be any number of reasons why Mandelson dropped by that doesn't mean they're friends – he could have been fixing the fridge, for instance, or giving a quote for a painting & decorating job. The whole thing should be "beneath notice".
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/oct/21/mandelson-georgeosborne

BluePalomino
    Free Member

we are having it shoved down our throats every time somebody is outed

how very very dare you.

Northwind

konabunny – Member

"Ohhhhhh, OK – the media should only report allegations which have been admitted to by the people doing them, I see. "

Mmm, let's go a little bit further and say at least have some supporting evidence. Or is the accusation itself enough justification for the accusation?

konabunny
    Free Member

"Me? William Hague? Sharing rooms with 25 year olds, flirting over breakfast and giving them jobs when they have no experience? With my reputation?"

chewkw
    Free Member

We are not in middle east are we?

😆

konabunny
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Is William Hague?’ is closed to new replies.