Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Is it time for 'What lights?'….
  • Taff
    Free Member

Khani – did you box say 1200lumen on it? Tempted to say sod it and just use it. May well order another in the future although it may be a Smudge version as not convinced by the battrery pack on this one!

Rich
    Free Member

Mine got here this morning. Slightly concerned that the box I’ve got states that the light is 900lumens and a SSC instruction manual where as my XML-T6 confirmation email says 1200lumen!! Pretty sure they’ve given me a P7!

See here: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/anyone-who-has-ordered-a-cheap-xml-t6-light-from-dealextreme

Taff
    Free Member

Big hug Rich… I have an XML! Phew!

khani
    Free Member

Taff, yes it did, pic of box below

Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – Has your arrived?

Goddamit!!*

*Nope. Tracking still says its in GuangDodaa

Taff
    Free Member

Rich – did yours say 900lumen on the box too then? Been told I can send it back and get a replacement but they couldn’t sort it out on the live chat function. Seems ok and will probably do although definately needs a flood lense

jamie – mine still says that too

Jamie
    Free Member

Might be here tomorrow then, as nowt came today.

To be honest, I am toying with the idea of flipping mine as soon as I get it and buying one of smudges lights. £40 extra seems a fair price to pay for a much safer charger/battery combo.

Taff
    Free Member

£40 extra seems a fair price to pay for a much safer charger/battery combo.

That was my original dilemma but didn’t want to pay over £30 for a light when I wasn’t sure how I would fare night riding having not done it in over 10 years. Who knew I would love it and accept the rustling in the hedges as a non-scary version of the Blair Witch… I will get safer version off him in the new year I reckon. This will do for now!

Also mine came in a later delivery to the normal post

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Khani, which lens? Any chance of before and after beam shots?

Rich
    Free Member

Yes my box and instructions say P7 900 ‘lumins’, as per my other post.

My charger blew up on the first plug in, booo!!

khani
    Free Member

I got one of these from the states, about three quid and it came in five days, no beam shots as I only have a phone camera and it’s crap,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wide-Angle-Lens-4-MagicShine-Gemini-Lupine-Bike-Light-/300545626206

jools182
    Free Member

I’m thinking about investing in something decent this year

I’ve had a few dx torches that have all failed. Last year I got a fenix and a 4sevens torch, and the sodding batteries have leaked in the 4sevens one, welding it shut

I’m considering something by troutie or light & motion or four4th but still trying to choose

Taff
    Free Member

For the DX XML peeps – how long does it take to charge huge battery pack, presumably the red light turns green?

racefaceec90

have just read this thread.does anyone know when the hope r8 is going to be released (and roughly how much it will cost?)am definitely intrigued (am planning on saving for a new light/have a mark 1 hope 2 led at present) have been thinking of either an exposure mark 2 six pack/one of trout’s lights.but am now adding the r8 to the list 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Will tell you when mine turns up….grrr!

Taff
    Free Member

Ah that’s rubbish. And you ordered a day before me. Fingers crossed for tomorrow then

Taff
    Free Member

you still not got yours yet Jamie?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

great thread 8)

hammy7272
    Free Member

Anyone know of any xml U.K distributors? Thanks

nmdbase
    Free Member

Got my Hope R4 today and a cold 🙁

z1ppy

@Hammy

XML Led bike light distributer (not magicshine) I’d recommend:
    http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/

One of numerous UK sites selling the Magicshine brand:
    http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Is it time for 'What lights?'….’ is closed to new replies.