Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Is it snowing where you are?
  • colnagokid

Lashing down here, in God's Little Acre (Sunderland) 3 or 4 inches since about 11pm

eth3er
    Free Member

Nowt in god's own country

4ndyB
    Free Member

yup, we have the white stuff in Lincolnshire.

Nearly got T-Boned by a van on the way home.

Karinofnine

Icy in Warlingham, Kent, but clear skies and no snow

user-removed
    Free Member

Also near Sunderland and thinking tomorrow's ride at Hamsterley might be snowed off.

Only up at this time as ver', ver' drunken wife phoned to beg for lift back home from sodding dinner party affair – just back and the roads are in absolute chaos.

Mostly rear wheel drive cars in trouble, but also loads of ****ts in front wheel drives spinning in first gear. Result = queues of sideways cars in the middle of the road on slight inclines, blocking the roads for those who aren't brain dead.

GRRRRR!!

colnagokid

Stopped now, but that was alot in a little time!
    That paul Moony didnt forcast that- or was it Hannah on Look North weather duties tonight? 😕

PapaWheelie
    Free Member

Here in Vancouver, home of the 2010 Olympics, it hasn't snowed in a month.
    They're using helicopters to bring snow to the snowboard venue.
    The high country (above 1800 meters) is getting puked on.
    If anyone is coming over to watch the Games, please bring snow in your carry-on luggage — we need it.

Woody
    Free Member

Also near Sunderland and thinking tomorrow's ride at Hamsterley might be snowed off.

Would have thought that made it even better 🙂

Roads around Stanley/Durham/Consett are patchy – some have 1-2" others nothing at all !

bananaworld
    Free Member

Here in Vancouver, home of the 2010 Olympics, it hasn't snowed in a month.

Winter Olympics EPIC FAIL 😉 (Hope you get some white stuff before the games begin!)

I've awoken (in London) to an icing sugar dusting – therefore I expect miles of stationary traffic, multiple pileups and queues for panic buying of petrol as I cycle to work. 🙄

Karinofnine

Dusting of snow here (Kent/Surrey border) despite what I said last night

lister

dusting here in Pembroke, it's all lovely!

carbon337
    Free Member

2-3" in Northumberland this morning 🙁

the_lecht_rocks

4" here in Aberdeenshire

sofaking
    Free Member

dusting in Stamfords lincs, with a wind chill of about -15

Lionheart
    Free Member

dusting in East Devon, blue sky, on bike in a minute or two

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

If anyone knows what it is like between Leeds and Kirkby Lonsdale (A65) I would love to hear. Got a couple of mates coming over on a Fazer Thou and hoping they aren't going to be snowed off!

It is a bit frosty with glorious blue skies here in the south Lakes though.

jonb
    Free Member

olnagokid – Member

Stopped now, but that was alot in a little time!
    That paul Moony didnt forcast that- or was it Hannah on Look North weather duties tonight?

No I didn't know it was forecast and it's killed my idea of going for a road ride.

alpin
    Free Member

snowing here in Coburg, Germany. been doing so for the past four days.

get me some more of this….

yay!

didn't know that about Vancouver. suppose the press has been a bit caught up with europes weather.

john_drummer
    Free Member

blue skies, dry & sunny in Leeds & Bradford area. I imagine the A65 will be a nice drive in this

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

another beautiful sunny day in Edinburgh. almost getting tired of it now. Not a cloud in the sky. ruddy freezing tho.

big-chief-96
    Free Member

clear blue sky with no snow on the ground apart from on the very tops in hebden bridge. just ridden over from oxenhope and there is a bit of ice and the odd remaining patch of snow but not alot

stumpyjon

Been ou riding, fantastic day, 1 degree and not a cloud up there. Was abit shocked by the amount of snow still on the ground in places here though, not to mention the ice, whole sections of trail were completely iced over. Met Justme and mr potatohead completely by chance halfway around which made it and even better ride.

ps44
    Free Member

We went to Vancouver to go skiing over Christmas/New Year 28 years ago. Couldn't get to Whistler as the roads were washed out by floods, and the local hills (Seymour etc) were grass. We were walking on the hills in Tshirts in the sunshine 8)

ton

did 3 hours this afternoon
    clear, sunny but icey cold in the leeds area.
    i hope we do not get any more snow.

ponti
    Free Member

Snowing here in North East Wales tonight.
    Was snowing last night also, which led to a Land Rover killing my Astravan.
    On the lookout for a replacement, or a Vauxhall Combo maybe.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Is it snowing where you are?’ is closed to new replies.