• This topic has 459 replies, 96 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by tdog.
Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 460 total)
  • iPhone X
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Call me judgemental, but I think someone who chucks out a perfectly good phone that works fine and does everything they need, then spanks the best part of a grand on a new one, purely because they want everyone to notice, is a pretty awful human being.

plus-one

I’m holding off till we get “mega retina” 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

And people don’t chuck out their old phone – they normally get a very good price for them on trade-in / Ebay or whatever.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Call me judgemental, but I think someone who chucks out a perfectly good <insert object that relies on consumerism to sell> that works fine and does everything they need, then spanks the best part of a grand on a new one, purely because they want everyone to notice, is a pretty awful human being. is pretty fundamental to consumerism.

FTFY

Or a really nice one with money to spare.

^this. Why don’t we assume the best about people first, rather than assume the worst?

plyphon
    Free Member

People tripping as if buying an iphone is the height of consumerism yet you all go to John Lewis and spend £500 on a set of Le Creuset cookware 😆

GrahamS

yet you all go to John Lewis and spend £500 on a set of Le Creuset cookware

Don’t own any, but I wouldn’t be against buying some if I needed to buy cookware, as by all accounts it is good stuff and lasts a long time.

What I would be against is chucking out last year’s pristine Le Creuset and then buying it all again purely so people will notice.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you spent £4000 on your latest Santa Cruz you’d want it to look different from your old one, no?

I wouldn’t give a toss. I don’t care what bikes look like. I’ve owned two Oranges. If I bought a bike it would be because it offered me something I didn’t previously have.

yet you all go to John Lewis and spend £500 on a set of Le Creuset cookware

Do we bollocks!

bikebouy
    Free Member

spend £500 on a set of Le Creuset cookware

How gauche 😛

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just been speaking to EE with the thought of charging my 6 to 7. They strongly recommended that I rang back tomorrow when there pricing for the 8 is out as it didn’t make sense to go for the 7…

Of course could all be sales BS

Jamie
    Free Member

I dunno. As they would probably rather offload some older models.

rs
    Free Member

I was comparing Canadian costs for the various options, 7plus only comes in 32 and 128gb, 32 isn’t enough so i’d have to get the 128gb 7plus which is $1029 here. 64gb is fine for me though so the 8plus is $1059, not seen what deals carriers will give yet, but 7 seems like a waste of time. The 64gb X is $1319 which over 2 or 3 years i’d likely have it isn’t really that much of a difference. Still undecided for now though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Don’t own any, but I wouldn’t be against buying some if I needed to buy cookware, as by all accounts it is good stuff and lasts a long time.

What I would be against is chucking out last year’s pristine Le Creuset and then buying it all again purely so people will notice.

🙂

I buy my Le Creuset from their warehouse sales. Excellent value.

stevious

I got my le creuset by having a wedding, which was cheaper than buying some le creuset or an iPhone

Drac

I’ve a Le Creuset casserole dish had it for about 15 years and it’s in good condition but I bought an Aldi copy about 3 years ago which is far better. The money I saved didn’t go towards an iphone though.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

but you didn’t save any money, you bought a casserole dish when you already had a casserole dish, so now you have less money and 2 casserole dishes

Drac

No, I have a small casserole dish and a large casserole dish as I needed a larger one. 🙄

dirtyrider
    Free Member

is one not just further away?

Drac

Ah bloody hell!

😆

peterno51

Dirtyrider wins today’s internets.

Drac
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Ooooooh, hold on a bit…

Why has the thread been derailed by the lower class aspirations of “owning” le crueset dishes ??

Are we marching towards..

peterno51

Ok, how about extra pudding then?

Drac

Has he been good? Did he tidy up?

Daffy

I’ll be buying mine in January when I’m in Florida.

Drac

Long way to go for pudding.

Daffy

Tax free pudding, though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have you done that before ? No network tech compatibaility issues these days ? Bought my iPad in US, much cheaper especially in States with low sales tax

rs
    Free Member

Have you done that before ? No network tech compatibaility issues these days ?

Will work fine

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks

wilburt
    Free Member

TBH I would just like a decent podcast organiser on my 6.

somafunk

^ use downcast

chomp
    Free Member

+1 for downcast – I’m also using Overcast (while I try to work out which one I like best)

I’m torn between all the options available. I can afford any of them (get me!), can sort of justy the purchase (enough for me anyway) however I’m just not sure I can be bothered to upgrade from my 6S at the minute.

I’m annoyed there’s no 128GB option as I’m currently at 78GB on my 6S with just about everything I’d need stored locally. I ‘could’ get rid of a fair bit and stream it but as I’m in areas with crap connectivity a fair bit I prefer to have it all available when I want it.

I think I’ll probably wait a while, and see how much 7’s are going for second hand in a couple of weeks.

It’s strange as up to the 6S I think I bought the newest iPhone each year, and the last two years I’ve just not really been that arsed. The X looks interesting but as it’s a pretty big change (by apples standards) I would sooner wait until the next version.

Jamie
    Free Member

TBH I would just like a decent podcast organiser on my 6.

Overcast. I have used them all, even had Downcast on iOS and Mac, but Overcast is just better. If you want Multiplatform then Shifty Jelly’s Pocketcast is good as has Android, iOS and web app.

Our Favorite Podcast Client for iOS

muggomagic

See that the networks are taking pre-orders for the iPhone 8. An iPhone 8plus 256GB on EE with 25GB data is £80 upfront and £73 p/m 😯

God knows what the iPhone x is going to cost.

They’re doing the watch no upfront cost and £25 p/m with unlimited data. I’m tempted by that as a replacement for my vivoactive watch.

jam-bo

the phone cost is £949. so assuming thats a 24 month contract you are paying £36/month for phone and £37 for the phone plan.

buy it up front and get a decent sim only plan.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Does anywhere allow you to purchase the handsets only over 24 months?

I’m happy with my current 8gb data £12 per month sim only deal, just my iPhone 6 is past it’s best

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Why would you buy an 8 plus when the 7 plus is cheaper and almost exactly the same unless you want pink.

Daffy – Member

POSTED 18 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    Drac – Moderator
    Long way to go for pudding.

POSTED 17 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    Daffy – Member
    Tax free pudding, though.

Lol

Funkydunc – you could buy it interest free via Apple direct.

the-muffin-man

Does anywhere allow you to purchase the handsets only over 24 months?

GiffGaff sell unlocked phones on monthly plans.

https://www.giffgaff.com/mobile-phones

johndoh
    Free Member

The Google Pixel 2 is being unveiled at the beginning of October – it will be interesting to see if they make any major announcements there.

jam-bo

apple seem to be offering it via paypal. interest bearing though.

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 460 total)

The topic ‘iPhone X’ is closed to new replies.