Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Intruder killed.
  • hora
    Free Member

hobnob obviously society failed this criminal. Just like society failed the rioters recently who are all hardworking and honest young men.

crankboy
    Free Member

And not to forget that fine upstanding example of the home owners right to self defence Kenneth Noye .

Not to judge this case at all but one should not leap to easy conclusions based on media reports .

hora
    Free Member

A career violent criminal going out equipped into his garden to stab someone?

konabunny
    Free Member

A career violent criminal going out equipped into his garden to stab someone?

there is provision in law for a pre-emptive strike if you genuinely believe your safety or life is in danger.

To have a situation whereby somebody has to harm you first is ludicrous….if you are threatened by somebody you are legally entitled to fight your way out of that situation before any harm comes to you….this is something the police taught me in fend-off training years ago when i started with the ambulance service.

Of course you are still bound by the definition of ‘reasonable force’….but as the police release more information on this case it would appear the man was outnumbered and at some point his wife and child were involved in the situation, i think most people would fight tooth and nail to protect their family….i hope common sense prevails and he walks free with no charges.

</cognitive dissonance>

hora
    Free Member

In a open-space armed and attack someone lurking in a bush is not reasonable force.

However the court (at the time) found in his favour.

Any normal person would have backed up (or not gone into the garden in the first place) and phoned the Police.

konabunny
    Free Member

You started off as Mr Householder-Rights-Good-Riddance-To-Bad-Rubbish and now you’re just saying people should wait until they and their family are attacked by intruders and shouldn’t arm themselves to protect their property.

((((Englishmen’s homes))))

crankboy
    Free Member

Hora it was a jury that aquitted Noye on exactly the same law of self defence as is in force now .( Though now codified in sec 76 of the crim justice and imig act 2008 )

The law that people say does not give enough protection to home owners who defend their property or families .

We know next to nothing about this case and should perhaps refrain from applauding or condemning until the facts are available.

hora
    Free Member

I’m not a savage or a rabid daily Wail waving muppet.

If someone broke into my house and I confronted them and it was ‘stalemate’ I’d ask them to leave.

If they came at me (heaven forbid- and I mean that) I really don’t know what would happen but it wouldn’t be nice.

If someone enters your property tooled up then I really have no sympathy for the assailant. Sorry. You commit burgularly knowing the risks. If you don’t then you really are abit stupid. A Garden is different- its not in an enclosed space or invasion of someones actual home.

Saying all this a couple of months ago both of us were woken up and we were both in joint agreement ‘did you hear that or am I dreaming’ (Nope both definitely heard the sound of someone trying to gain access.

<1 min I was in the neighbours garden scouring there for someone. I didn’t even think about my mortality as one thrust of a sharpened screwdriver could have ended my life.

SaxonRider

If someone enters your property tooled up then I really have no sympathy for the assailant. Sorry. You commit burgularly knowing the risks. If you don’t then you really are abit stupid

Don’t be sorry. It’s called culling the herd.

crankboy
    Free Member

“<1 min I was in the neighbours garden scouring there for someone. I didn’t even think about my mortality as one thrust of a sharpened screwdriver could have ended my life. “
    Not getting at you Hora but that is roughly what Noye said to the jury when he succeessfuly justified stabbing the copper.

hora
    Free Member

The difference is I wasn’t equipped with a knife.

konabunny
    Free Member

That’s no difference at all – if you had been standing in your kitchen you could quite easily and without malice picked up a knife to protect yourself, couldn’t you?

If someone enters your property tooled up then I really have no sympathy for the assailant. Sorry. You commit burgularly knowing the risks. If you don’t then you really are abit stupid. A Garden is different- its not in an enclosed space or invasion of someones actual home.

Assailant means “attacker” – who are you referring to? Someone who enters property without permission or even burgles isn’t necessarily an attacker. The police officer that Noye killed – was he an “assailant” as far as you’re concerned?

How does the occupant know whether the other person is armed or not? Is there a different risk or sympathy level for a burglar that isn’t “tooled up” compared to one that is?

Someone who enters my (hypothetical) garden is entering my property, and they are usually enclosed by fences or walls.

ourmaninthenorth

I love these threads.

Please leave the law to people who know what it is and get back to your homoerotic fantasies (hora).

konabunny
    Free Member

To be fair, he wanted to batter the burglar, not pork him.

razor1548
    Free Member

Porking a burglar.

Back to the basement again! 🙂

birky
    Free Member

Update;

“A man who fatally stabbed an intruder during an alleged burglary at his home in Greater Manchester will not be charged over the death.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15211250

aracer
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

All these intruders are getting hurt or killed and yet they continue. How long before they get the message?

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Intruder killed.’ is closed to new replies.