Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)
  • interaction with my neighbour this evening
  • project
    Free Member

Slimtubing,what right have you got to know what your neighbour does for a living,he may well work nights or work from home,as in a home office etc.

Why dont you put the kid to bed latter, then,there is no timetable for kids sleep,its when theyre tired,not based on when they go tio sign on.

slimtubing
    Free Member

mrstubing lol'd too.

slimtubing
    Free Member

project as i posted earlier she'd had about 4 hours of crying prior to mr F**kpipe's endeavours and had just dropped off.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

So the neighbours all around had 4 hours of crying,

enough said i think,case closed.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I think I get a feeling for who is childless here.

windowshopper
    Free Member

Seems you asked for a little consideration and received a sad reminder that some people just can't manage it. It's a tough time and decent folk, especially who've been through it, will do the decent thing. I only had one occasion to politely ask kids outside to keep it down for a few minutes and they did just that.

Try not to let your neighbours (or the predictable STW reaction) get you down.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I don't think you have a right to expect quiet at 6.30 every night.

But given that you asked nicely (I'm assuming), it would have been polite to quieten down this once.

Their response was just rude.

As for running cars at 1 am, that just shows what sort of people they are.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Their response was just rude.

I don't think "he's nearly finished now" represents a rude response to being asked if the paintbrushes can be cleaned another time.

"No **** off, they need to be cleaned now – not tomorrow morning, or whenever suits you" might have been though.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I don't think "he's nearly finished now" represents a rude response

Nor do I. It was the next bit I thought was rude.

"Your baby will have to learn to deal with noise"

Obviously hard to tell for certain without knowing how it was said.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It was the next bit I thought was rude.

Wasn't that after the 'plaintiff' persisted ?

matthewjb
    Free Member

Wasn't that after the 'plaintiff' persisted ?

Well he said he was 'polite'.

Although, if his baby had been screaming for four hours, he probably had a crazy look in his eyes and was liable to resort to violence. I'd have agreed to whatever he asked. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well he said he was 'polite'.

Fair enough…………. I can't imagine that wouldn't be true.

matthewjb
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Fair enough…………. I can't imagine that wouldn't be true.

I think you dropped something

ex-pat
    Free Member

Regularly have folk mowing here at that time. Whilst I don't like it I won't complain, it's too early.
    Personally I wouldn't be doing that sort of thing at 6pm, there's plenty of midday time to get stuff done.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Come on guys, what sort of person thinks a pressure washer is the right tool for cleaning paint brushes. The man's a twunt!

I detect a lot of child intolerance here. For all those who don't want children and never will, just think about these little blighters in 30 years time working and paying into the system that supports you when you/ll no longer be able to contribute.

iDave
    Free Member

i have three kids. i think the OP is right about the 1am V8 revving and totally off the wall about the 6.30 pressure washer. you can't expect the rest of the world to tread on eggshells for you during 'normal' waking hours.

i wish i'd thought of using a pressure washer to clean brushes and it's not the noisiest thing on earth.

if you want silence live in a wilderness, otherwise, tough shit. babies cry at night and piss off neighbours, its how the world is.

NZCol

My neighbour who, for reasons previously documented on this forum, we don't really speak to (Well actually technically my wife and i both speak to him, he just ignores us or complains about stuff) came up with a pearler 2 weeks ago.

They have a new baby, which is nice. The baby is in a bedroom about 10m from my front door, their choice to put it in there, not mine. They decided to install a heat pump and decided the inverter would be perfect to be installed on my property/land which I had to point out wasn't acceptable and got them to move it. That annoyed him a bit, which interested me as they'd parked in my driveway, and lugged all the gear up my front path and over my wall to get to the install position. Having painted the wall the week before my wife was a bit miffed to find it chipped and all the paint pulled off as well as 4 new pohutikawa trees trampled over. His view was we weren;t in so access was fair game. That is his attitude.
    Anyway, he left me a note in the letterbox asking me to not bang my front door after 6pm and before 6am ! I'm not totally sure how I am supposed to close it then, bizarre. I left him a note saying I'd do what I can but I'm not planning to be under house arrest between 6pm and 6am for his babies benefit !

This is the guy who complained about our extension blocking part of his view from his downstairs toilet and babies bedroom. He reckoned his newborn needed to be able to see the water out of the window. Having lodged the plans 4 years ago and having held resource consent to change the roofline he blamed me for him not paying $330 to check the LIM report before he bought his house. He is nuts, absolutely barking mad.

This new one takes the bsicuit though, what amazes me is I play the drums and he's never once complained about that although i do stop before 7.30pm for everyones sakes. But shutting my door. 🙄

Sandwich

Sounds like the Antipodes is not all it's cracked up to be, people wise.

slimtubing
    Free Member

matthewjb it was said in a "f*ck you and you stupid baby" kind of way, I didn't mention it to my frazzled wife until this morning knowing fine well she would have ripped the woman's throat out through her back while stamping on her neck.

hels
    Free Member

You get retards everywhere. Is this happening in New Zealand ? This will definitely help to overcome the Whinging Pom stereotype……

allthepies
    Free Member

NZCol – he's certifiable 😆

hora
    Free Member

OP you sound oversensitive. Have you thought your crying baby may also wake/irritate your neighbours?

I can understand its a difficult time for you but why should your neighbour tip toe around? Its his place!

Edukator
    Free Member

I didn't mention it to my frazzled wife until this morning knowing fine well she would have ripped the woman's throat out through her back while stamping on her neck.

And therin lies the root of the problem, your wife. Develop a mind of your own, don't let her issues become your issues and you'll soon be drinking cool beer with your neighbour revving those sweet sounding V8s at 1am.

allthepies
    Free Member

lol @ Edukator 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Just to add we also heard our neighbours baby throughout the night when it was born. In fact 2yrs on I still hear the fecker crying at night. I think shes alittle delicate.

Infact once my girlfriend almost went round to complain. I grabbed her and said 'ARE YOU MAD'?!!!! 🙄

slimtubing
    Free Member

yeah a tip, do not approach new parents with any perception of rational behaviour. babies are tiny little demons that wee poo spew and cry. I don't for the life of me know why we had 2!! 😀

Olly
    Free Member

TL:DR.

Ive often had, while land drilling, shop owners come over in the middle of a week day and say "does that have to be so noisey?"

standard response from rough neck drillers: "of course, sorry mate/luv, ill just pop it onto quiet mode"

its unfortunate, but youve only as much of a leg to stand on as he has to say "how inconsiderate of you to try and raise a baby near my V8s"

if its a resi area, you could get a noise survey done, as there are probably upper limits for a sunday afternoon….

slimtubing
    Free Member

sorry edukator took some marriage vows that kinda contracted me to be supportive, caring and to look out for her best interests. as it turns out its an absolute pleasure to do so and she pretty much feels the same way. hope you've something similar in your life.

slimtubing
    Free Member

those cold beers do sound very tempting though ..and they are lovely looking vehicles…..

slimtubing
    Free Member

see you all tomorrw i'm off to wake my baby up to give her her bottle. Funny that…..
    Nighty night gang its been fun.

hora
    Free Member

sorry edukator took some marriage vows that kinda contracted me to be supportive, caring and to look out for her best interests. as it turns out its an absolute pleasure to do so and she pretty much feels the same way. hope you've something similar in your life.

Occasional tough love doesn't hurt. I will also be applying to this to my son to be.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I found it was useful to get our kids used to us playing loud music/drilling/hammering etc while they slept, though in later life it proved hard to rouse them from their beds as teenagers as they could also sleep though any amount of shouting 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

I do slimtubing, sometimes looking after her best interests means arming her to the teeth and at other times dragging her away from the battle front with one hand whilst waving a white flag with the other.

Might I suggest feeding your baby girl when she wakes up, babies are happier left to follow their own rythmes. Exposing them to lots of different sounds, sights and sensations stimulates them and makes them less anxious when confronted with new sounds. When she does wake up, roll her around (support her neck if she's really little), play some music, talk to her, tuck her under your arm and do some vacuum cleaning, and only feed her when she starts whinging. You'll soon have a bomb proof baby.

druidh
    Free Member

I am a parent and think the OP is being completely unreasonable. Better that your kids get used to a bit of noise.

duckman

Do people have the right to bear arms in NZ? Maybe a bit of target practise in the back garden with a wide variety of firearms would get the message across.Maybe let him see you doing sentry duty armed to the teeth at night when working on his cars. If that fails tell him you think he is part of the zog conspiracy, once he googles it he will move or get very quiet. This all maybe seems a bit extreme, but it worked for me.

bigyinn
    Free Member

God what a lot of intolerant lot some people on here are. I dont think the OP was being particularly unreasonable, given that he asked nicely.

We all have to live together apparently.

Plenty of child haters too, which is probably a good thing, should inhibit their reproduction. Funny how people feel the need to express that, rather than STFU.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Yet you're reduced to having to shout SHUT THE F*CK UP when people have different views to you. Speaks volumes about tolerance 🙂

gonefishin
    Free Member

Can you point out who the child haters are because I certainly can't tell.

We all have to live together apparently.

Yes that is why most people said the engine thing was out of order but that noise at 6-30pm wasn't. Living together means compromise on both sides. No matter how much a parent of a small child might want to believe it, the world does not revolve around the child and other people have a right to their own lives too.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ok, perhaps the STFU was a bit strong, but there are people on here making comments that didn't really need to be made, did they?
    Example:-

TandemJeremy – Member
    I don't care about your child and certainly your choice to have children should not impinge on anyone else

Was there any real need to say that quitre so bluntly TJ?
    I agreee 6.30pm is not late, but dont forget if someone worked shifts it could be to them!
    Personally i think the OP made a reasonable request in a reasonable manner and was confronted with an unecessarily negative response from his neighbour. Clearly there is a consideration problem from his neighbours side if its been going on for 4 years.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

bigyinn. Yes it needs to be said. You chose to have children. I dson't. Just because you have children you suddenly need more consideration than you would give to anyone else?

Parents need to understand that the universe does not revolve round their child

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘interaction with my neighbour this evening’ is closed to new replies.