Home Forums Bike Forum Indoor (and outdoor!) dirt jumps in the north east

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Indoor (and outdoor!) dirt jumps in the north east
  • sharkattack

Not sure how many people on here will be interested in this but someone is building what I think is currently the only indoor dirt jumps in the UK and also a huge outdoor jumping/skills area.

It’s in Sunderland next door to the climbing wall. I just went down to check it out and was very impressed. The indoor section is a work of art and being built by a very talented BMX dirt jumper. The outdoor section is being tackled by an LBS called Cycle World. I took a load of pictures as well which I’ll share when I have a chance to put them online.

Just thought I’d mention it really. Is it of interest to anyone here? I can’t bloody wait!

But in all honesty, I am totally super stoked yo. I’ll get the pics up soon but I’m off out on a hot date. Just had to tell someone!

eddie11
    Free Member

Good stuff. Of no use to me personally but always good to see investment in stuff like this for da rad kidz.

There used to be an indoor 4x track at thornaby don’t know if it had/has jumps. Is it still there?

robidoo
    Free Member

Pics when you get back dude.

hurbum
    Free Member

Would love to see pictures! The missus’s family live just outside Sunderland so visit fairly often!

daleftw
    Free Member
    sharkattack

Indoors

And outdoors

I am genuinely excited by this place. Already hunting for a jump bike.

dabble
    Free Member

Superb! Any idea what it’s called? Website? F-book? And when does it open?

sharkattack

http://www.facebook.com/dexxne

Next door to the climbing wall against a rugged backdrop of industrial wreckage. I love it.

The skatepark is open now but it’s not up to much. It’s pretty much scooters only as well. The indoor section should be finished by the end of this month. The outdoor section will take a lot longer as there’s currently only two people building it. They always need volunteers so if you’re local and you fancy it get in touch via the Facebook page.

dabble
    Free Member

Cheers for the info, not local but wouldn’t mind lending a hand if needs be. Pictures look good :)

gaz552
    Free Member

A lot of work has gone into that.

Looks a bit tight for 650b though… :lol:

[grabs coat]

sharkattack

Just in case anyone missed this on the front page of Pinkbike. Which I’m assuming will be most of you….

LINK

Volunteers needed to help finish the outdoor section.

Drac

Looking good and well overdue in the NE.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Interesting!

nodrog2
    Free Member

One of the lads I work with is involved in the building of the indoor stuff. He’s pretty excited about the whole project. Some really great work going on with regards the indoor stuff. I gather the outdoor stuff is in need of a bit more work to get it right but it’s all very promising all the same.

sharkattack

I gather the outdoor stuff is in need of a bit more work to get it right

It’s just big. There’s two people working on it and it’s a bloody massive space.

The article has been very well received but I’m trying to get people to commit to a day of digging which is proving difficult.

pigeonthing
    Free Member

Cracking work for two lads with a couple of spades….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Indoor (and outdoor!) dirt jumps in the north east’ is closed to new replies.