Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • if they take BBC4 away…
  • donsimon
    Free Member

There’s a BBC4 now?

So there must be a BBC3 in there somewhere then??
    Plus if the BBC is ever under threat to be privatised, get on the streets to protest and I’ll come and join you. Twenty minute commercial breaks in a half hour show, 6 minutes at a time. A commercial break during the opening credits of The Simpsons or a 10 minute commercial break in the last five minutes of a film. I have seen the future and it’s not pretty. 😥

loddrik
    Free Member

BBC4 is great.

BBC3 on the other hand…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

“Deadlydarcy you do come across as a TJ wannabe”

Am I to take that personally? TeeJ probably will (if he’s lurking out there).

You should take it as a compliment. Me – I am insulted..
    🙂

empy
    Free Member

Good call – the David Nash doc was inspirational. I’m even thinking of trying to make it up North before his Yorkshire Sculpture Park exhibit closes. I spend a lot of time in the woods…..

GrahamS

Scrap the whole of the bbc and do away the the tv licence

Err no thanks. Have you seen TV in other countries?

Haven’t got sky and can’t remember last time I watched bbc.

And I suppose you don’t listen to any BBC channels on the radio, or use any BBC websites like BBC News?

duntmatter
    Free Member

donks – get a divorce.

BBC4 is the most watched station on duntmatter street.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I have been enjoying the Friday night BBC4 music documentaries. I also am a radio 4 listener mostly in the car. There are two things I still do not understand. Woman’s hour. From 10:00 to 10:45 is the only time I can find myself shouting at household (albeit in-car) appliances. There also seems to be a great deal of airtime devoted to “alternative lifestyle choices”. The actual sexuality of the person being interviewed seems to be more important than the story they are telling or commenting on.
    Oh and whilst I am on a roll, what purpose does the Archers serve other than to rob the afternoon play of a quarter of an hour.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘if they take BBC4 away…’ is closed to new replies.