Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 775 total)
  • iDaves Diet Plan Members…
  • Brake-neck
    Free Member

I started yesterday, grilled chicken coated in jamaican jerk spices with grilled asparagus, spinach and mushrooms, tonight was lean steak with carrots, green beans and asparagus. Lunches have been salads with ham and my breakfast was a couple of eggs with spinach and chorizo. So far so good but miss sugar in my coffee.
    I'm 5'11" and about 95 kilos, wondering though, what to eat before and during rides, I'm worried I'm just gonna fall over due to lack of something 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

and that would be evil ?

Hi SFB. As we all know, fruit isn't evil, it just doesn't fall into the list foods we are choosing to eat for the next three weeks.

I'm sure that if I don't choose my words carefully, I'll end up debating fruit with you, and quite honestly, there was enough of that with TJ and Molgrips, on the other thread.

So please lets not hi-jack this thread into a debate about the goodness of fruit.

You are free to start your own threads 🙂

Here, I'm just seeing what ideas others are having and I'm just getting encouragement to incorporate this into my existing diet, which wasn't particularly bad, in the first place.

Theres been what I think are some good recipe suggestions, and I fully intend to make some of them to see if I like them.

Trying this presents me with a little challenge, and I will be learning to make new meals to add to what I already prepare.

I just can't see a down-side to trying this with a few people from here.
    😉

iDave, thanks for the Tahini tip.
    🙂

Cheers

Solo

mr_krabs
    Free Member

I'm starting after I've been shopping Friday. I'm a bit of a beer monster and I love potatoes, pasta and bread. So it's quite a big step for me, but something needs to change, I've put on 2.5 stone over the last year.

Currently weigh 18st, and I reckon the not drinking beer will be what makes the weight fall off. Up until the end of last week I'd drink at least 3 660ml bottles of Peroni on average 5 times a week (did say I was a beer monster). Don't eat much in the way of processed crap, but I eat a lot of the starchy food stuffs that iDave's ruled out.

I'll weigh in Friday morning and again after the 1st week of the change.

Solo
    Free Member

Mr_K.

Yeap, I like a beer too. But I'll be saving that for the one day a week, when we can eat/drink what we want.

So, between now and Friday, you may have the chance to get some recipes together, so you know what you need to buy at the supermarket, or wherever.

Solo

mr_krabs
    Free Member

Yep I shall cherish those days off with bowls of crunchy nut cornflakes for breakfast and beer for lunch and dinner. I'll make sure I'm awake for the whole 24hrs on that day.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

omlette, grilled chicken breast & broad beans last night – followed by a road ride – no probs with digestion or energy & didnt feel hungry this am either – result 🙂 only 3 weeks to go.

The only thing that I found worked really well for weight loss was divorce, hope this is less painful & expensive, besides the current Mrs Jay is a keeper 🙂

alexxx
    Free Member

I've emailed about 10 people with the plan so far so there's a lot of people looking with interest. why not sign up you guys?

for some more motivation….

Day 2
    Woke up early this morning naturally feeling very awake, not the slightest bit hungry, I did feel a bit hungry last night but a glass of red sorted that 😀

Going to make another omelette since yesterdays was a success 😀

I said I wouldnt do a daily weigh in and I probably wont but…

Yesterday morning I was 12stone3 (unhydrated) I feel more hydrated this morning and weigh 12stone2

I'd be very happy losing at that pace everyday!

10mile road ride today, lets see how exercise fits into this diet!

Solo
    Free Member

Good Post Gee-Jay, off to a great start there.
    😉

Holding off the hunger is always a consideration, whether your losing weight or not, ime.

This is why I chose soup for lunchtimes at work. Seems to stop me feeling hungry in the later afternoon, and so stops me snacking.

I had already started the soup for lunch at work thing, before all this, and it has worked really well for me.

S

alexxx
    Free Member

Did we work out if pearl barley was evil? 😀

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I fancy this also, where can I find the details? I cant find the original thread? Cheers

alexxx
    Free Member

forwarded on to 5 more!

Solo
    Free Member

Alexxx.

Wow, thats quick 🙂

No, I don't know about pearl barley. Maybe until we have confirmation, best to if in doubt, leave it out.

After all, theres still a wide enough range of foods to choose from.
    Just my take on it.

Same with Tea, again I'm not sure. I'd guess that without the milk and sugar, tea would be Ok, if you can drink your tea that way.

I've never been a tea or coffee drinker, so that part is easy for me, even though coffee is Ok for this exercise.

😀

S

alexxx
    Free Member

😀 I'm not doing normal tea just mint and dont have milk in it anyway its more of a relaxing green tea stylie, its very nice you should try it, really refreshing 😀

I've soaked some lentils and chickpeas (and barley :() over night so will cook up a soupy storm with your recipe thanks 🙂

Al

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Whats everyone using for energy when out on rides, both for drinking and eating. Started this on Monday and have been out for a 1 hour MTB ride and a 20 miler on the road bike, feel a little rough this morning and I'm just wondering if there are any suggestions.
    Thanks for any help, good to have a few folk on board with this idea 🙂

alexxx
    Free Member

dave said he'd have a pre ride eat of oats and water, a couple of poached eggs and bacon, that sounds like it'd do the trick

on the ride maybe take some nuts or precooked chicken or humus and just drink water?

nickc

Im 23, 5ft11 and 12 stone 3 this morning

This is entirely normal, why are you dieting?

10mile road ride today, lets see how exercise fits into this diet!

that's not exercise.

Solo
    Free Member

Alexxx.

Cool, I've only got legumes in tetra-packs at the moment, I already had Chickpeas and red kidney beans as I eat them each week.

However, since all this, I've read that soaked beans, etc, have more taste !, this is just getting better 🙂
    So, I'll be preparing soaked beans over the weekend, once I've found what recipes I'm going to use them in.

I would like to point out, that I hardly ever add salt to anything I cook, infact I actively avoid doing so, unless its really needed.

ime, theres so much hidden salt in stuff, that theres little need to add more during the cooking process.
    Hence going for the low salt veg stock cubes when making the soup.

Good stuff !
    😉

S

alexxx
    Free Member

nick – I've got about a stone of body fat that I want to lose.
    10 mile road ride + 5 hours digging at my pumptrack and riding till late… thats exercise… and anyway, 10 miles is quite hard when 6 is a fair decent climb and your gunning it.

I'll do 2 40 miles this week just want to break in easy with the new food intake.

Solo – totally agree with salt, I never add it to anything, when using good ingredients its all sweet enough anyway, even fresh coffee tastes sweet compared to instant 😀

nickc

Solo, a pinch of salt into home made food isn't going to do you any harm, the 'hidden salt' is nearly always in packaged ready meals. There's nothing to fear from seasoning…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

This looks interesting, please can you forward to me as well?

pigdogfreewheel (at) googlemail.com.

thanks!

iDave
    Free Member

while you're riding carbs are fine, but don't overdo it

i'm trying to stay out of this, but will wander along occasionally

tea, yeah fine, pref wthout the milk and sugar

this is about health as much as weightloss, and it's not an expensive way to eat.

processed food? WTF! surely you know its mostly expensive or shit or both?

do something 21 times and it becomes a habit. if you don't like black coffee and you have 4 coffee's a day, 5 days approx and you'll drink black coffee……

nickc

nick – I've got about a stone of body fat that I want to lose.

you know for sure it's a stone of fat? How do you know that after this diet when you've lost 14lbs, that it'll be that fat you've lost?

Stop being scared of salt…it's a mineral you need.

roper
    Free Member

Day two for me too.
    So far it has been a refreshing change. I got a bit complacent cooking the same type of dinners and snacks so having to re-think a bit has been favourable. I have has the occasional sweet/sugar craving but it's not too bad. As far as wight is concerned, I don't have any scales but think I am between 11.5 and 12 stone. I would rather be 11 to 11.5 so am going by sight and how clothes fit, as well as how I feel. Not scientific but I'd rather not be thinking too much about weight, calories or that kind of stuff.
    I have been exercising ok. I did a 20k run without any problems, though I did get a little cramp after, which I presume was just that it was very hot, I'd not eaten much or planned to run that far, and I have had a change in what my body is used too.

Also for those of you who are struggling with what to have for brekkie, try a nice mixed salad. It is great for hydration, refreshing and is a good pick up alternative to fruit in the morning.

Good luck to all involved and break a leg.

richmtb

Last night I had chicken fajitas without the fajita's so that was grilled checken with fajita spices and grilled peppers and onion, with some green leaf salad. It was very tasty.

For me lunches will be the big challenge but I'll cook up some batches of soup (sweetcorn and red pepper is nice) and make a big tub of salad with lots of grilled chicken in it. I reckon plenty of protein is the key to not feeling too hungry.

I might make a batch of beef jerky for snacks

Solo
    Free Member

Most of the rides I do, last no longer than 3 hours.

I only drink water during these rides and I never eat anything.

There may be the appres-ride pint, but that will usually be it.

I haven't formed a riding-eating habit, I stick to my 3 squares a day and ride when I can/want to.

So my plan is, for the next three weeks, I will still ride, there will be no after-ride beer, and if I'm hungry afterwards, then I'll have to sort out an acceptable snack when I get home.
    😉

Theres no limit to the number of times I'm going to read the info sheet, I even have a copy on my mobile so I can remind myself of what is in, and what is not. No excuse for me now…

S
    EDIT:
    I'm not wanting to have a salt debate here.
    I'm here for the encouragement and advice, giving and receiving 😉

Good to see the Tea question answered, thanks iDave, reckon a few people will be pleased.

iDave
    Free Member

also, i suggest you use the bathroom scales no more than once a week – there is a daily variation in what you might think of as your 'weight'

same time, same day once a week.

some of you will be shocked at the loss.

How do you know that after this diet when you've lost 14lbs, that it'll be that fat you've lost?

What's your point?

alexxx
    Free Member

I've just sent at least another 10 emails out… whats that now near enough 80/100? people… and only about 5 so far have committed.. MTFU peoples

SooperCooper
    Free Member

I'd like to give it a try to please.

sccooper1973 at googlemail.com

nickc

my point, if there is one, is that the starting weight seems healthy, alexxx seems convinced he's got "a stone" of fat to loose, is he sure? How does he know? just interested to know about his motivations is all.

I've no axe to grind, I'm just curious, is all

Gary_M
    Free Member

iDave I don't have a lot of weight to lose but fancy giving this a go from a health/riding performance point of view. What is the expected weight loss? I have around 3kg I'd like to lose.

Wife and son are off to spain for two weeks mid july then I head out so I have two weeks where I could really give this a go.

Alexx sent you an email for the plan, thanks.

iDave
    Free Member

maybe when he was lean and really fit he was roughly a stone lighter than he is now?

alexxx
    Free Member

because I've got a stone of fat on my belly? its not rocket science, im certainly far from the leanest of guys, quite naturally large build granted that 12stone5 isnt heavy on the books but it depends what the 12stone5 is made up of.

No problem with you asking, just dont go trolling, im on it for 3 weeks, we shall see.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Had a look at the plan, lunch will need some thinking about. I ride to work and it's easy to carry my sandwiches in my back pocket of my jersey. Will need to think what I could take now.

nickc

I'm not trolling, as I said before, just curious, good luck with your diet 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Gary, plastic bag/box full of chopped up nice stuff, tuna and a few chick peas? should fit in a back pocket and prob nicer than a sandwich

there are always solutions

nickc

a few chick peas?

No good can come from eating this sort of stuff 😀 , I'd rather go without than eat **** chick peas.

Gary_M
    Free Member

thanks Dave, I love chick peas, lentils, etc.

roper
    Free Member

Gary, plastic bag/box full of chopped up nice stuff, tuna and a few chick peas? should fit in a back pocket and prob nicer than a sandwich..

Just to add, if it's hot outside jerky or jamón serrano keep well and are nice on a long run/ride too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I suppose I could be the 'control' for this experiment.

92.1kg Monday morning 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Roper.

like the idea, good post earlier too 😉

Cheers.

S

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 775 total)

The topic ‘iDaves Diet Plan Members…’ is closed to new replies.