Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • I stuck a tenner on Lance!
  • Surfr
    Free Member

Tell me it was for the maillot vert?

yeh RIGHT!

anagallis_arvensis

the hatred/jealousy of Lance that poured out in every bead of sweat

I always thought Jan (drugs aside) was a very proud, tough but fair minded competitor, I think your view is somewhat revisionist to say the least. Jan or Lance, I know who I would rather share a beer with and it aint that ****tish texan.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I always thought Jan (drugs aside) was a very proud, tough but fair minded competitor, I think your view is somewhat revisionist to say the least. Jan or Lance, I know who I would rather share a beer with and it aint that ****tish texan.

Uhh, you misunderstand. I saw that as a *good thing*. I would gladly buy Jan a beer or two.

hora
    Free Member

I would gladly buy Jan a beer or two.

you’d most certainly be guaranteed a mind-bending and drug-fuelled experience taking the German out for a drink… 😆

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I never got the impression that Ullrich had any hatred and jealousy for Armstrong. Quite the opposite, if he had shown more aggression, dedication and been more motivated to beat Armstrong he might have given him more competition.

One thing Armstrong is very good at is using any criticism, negative press, imagined slight to fuel his persecution complex which feeds his determination to show all those who criticise him who’s the best. He seems to thrive when there’s a bit of friction in his environment. If there is any discord in the Astana camp its probably working for Armstrong and against Contador.

hora
    Free Member

Oh yes, I was thinking that. He’ll be doing a fair bit of psychology etc. Hes going to sit middling pack until right near the end then one stage just blast out at least a minute clear/back. IMO Contador is trying to stamp his authority too soon. He should hold something back in reserve against the likes of Lance.

crazy-legs

I was watching todays stage live on internet TV but it was an American feed and they may as well have called the channel Lance Inc. You’d have thought he was the only cyclist there! Really annoying.

“Yeah, there’s some guy just launched a flyer off the front off the bunch but look, there’s Laaance in the middle of the bunch, he looks good, he’s composed…blah blah blah”

Much as I admire Lance Armstrong, I’d really like the commentary to mention the other 179 riders at some point or perhaps the region of France they’re in. No need to go all David Duffield but honestly – other cyclists are available!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘I stuck a tenner on Lance!’ is closed to new replies.