Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I live here (picture content) and gloating
  • alexxx
    Free Member
    masonmarxx
    Free Member

arsehole.

allthepies
    Free Member

You live on top of a mountain ? Cool! How long to pop out for a pint of milk ?

alexxx
    Free Member

1 and a half hours down, 3 or 4 up depending on if its skimmed or semi skimmed 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Where ? looks like your in the clouds

unovolo
    Free Member

“With your head in the clouds”,

Me too ,great isnt it ,doesnt pay the bills though:-(

alexxx
    Free Member

Have a guess! (you can click this link for the preview image larger and only 300kb) click me!

alfabus
    Free Member

is that avoriaz on the left?

edit, which would make the one on the right morzine??

camo16
    Free Member

Is that a volcano in the centre? Plenty of white steam? Do you like your milk hot?

alexxx
    Free Member

Sure is 😀

float
    Free Member

holy mother of giant pictures 😯

alexxx
    Free Member

haha I did have a disclaimer!

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s a fantastic panorama. Wonderful detail.

globalti
    Free Member

French Alps? Haute Savoie?

alexxx
    Free Member

Oui Oui, Merci

alfabus
    Free Member

I have a similar proportion picture taken from the aiguille du pouce of the chamonix valley, the vallee blanche, the dru and mont blanc.

I’ve had mine printed on canvas – 5’x1′ looks awesome 🙂 was done by these guys, highly recommended.

Dave

alexxx
    Free Member

ah thanks Dave, any idea on the quality of file you sent them? I’m going to hold off until I take a dslr up there I think before printing – this was literally a £50 point and shoot with a bit of computer trickery

alfabus
    Free Member

Can’t really remember… mine was stitched from 24 pictures taken on a little nikon coolpix – didn’t take the dslr because it was an all day multipitch route to get there!

Yours looks like it has plenty of detail… if you decided to use the people I linked, send them the file and ask their opinion; I’ve had a couple of different pictures done by them and they were quite helpful.

Dave

alexxx
    Free Member

thanks – doing so now 🙂

IanMunro
    Free Member

You live in a letter box?

rOcKeTdOg

i dunno, i think my vista of the south midlands comes a close second 😕

cloud/city-scape by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

takisawa2

Where’s that rocketdog…?

addy6402

I’ll be cheeky and say it’s Beacon Hill – part of the Lickeys. You can’t quite see the miniature folly castle to the right 😆

P.S. Those Hope ProII wheels you sold me finally got their first outing at the CyB Enduro last w/e!

rOcKeTdOg

Addy is correct 😆

globalti
    Free Member

Back to the first pic…. taken from the Refuge du Grenairon by any chance?

m1kea
    Free Member

Fab pano and it would look cracking on a large print 8).

I can see all the seams but then I’m a pedant and know what I’m looking for :roll:. That said, unless you’re pixel peeping, I’d be very surprised if most people could spot them, even on the print.

Not had any big prints done for a while but I had this printed up at 40″ wide a few years back. The 300ppi .TIFF file was approx 300Mb. and I sent the file to a local company on CD.

TBH If I’d taken the effort to do such a shot, I’d want maximum quality and wouldn’t use a JPG copy. – That generally precludes the ‘big’ on line printing firms like photobox etc.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I live here (picture content) and gloating’ is closed to new replies.