Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • How quick do you put on weight?
  • althepal

Wouldn’t say I’m a hardcore biker, only get out about once a fortnight due to work, family etc..
    Haven’t been out for a few weeks now, and haven’t been very disciplined with my eating either. Have also had a few beers but not more than seven or eight over the few weeks.
    Not a big one for weighing myself but went into work last night for a single shift and I had to breathe in to get my trousers on! What the!
    Anyways, if you’re not particularly watching what you eat and not really doing much exercise (apart from working and running about with my young son) how quick does the weight come on?
    Feel like I’ve suddenly got a pretty decent wee belly!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

If I don’t exercise regularly I can put pounds on a week. Whole family is the same as well.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i can gain and lose at will, but then i Know what im doing 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

only have to look at food to put weight on, I have to burn 6000+ garmin calories a week to lose weight about 4000 to break even.

tonyd

I’ve only got to look at a pie and I put on weight. Unfortunately when I see a pie I have to eat it!

althepal

Aye, im a bit of a grubber too..
    If I’m being good I can lose it fairly easily enough but the older I get the more disciplined I have to be.
    Could get away with eating and drinking just about anything in my early twenties.. Now I’m on the wrong side of 35 it piles on really quick.

_tom_
    Free Member

Quite easily I think (seem to have a slow metabolism) but I haven’t put a significant amount on for over 3 years as I’m biking every day and not eating loads.

saleem
    Free Member

I put it on quite easy now, mind you since I’ve started eating more regularly I’ve seem to have boosted my metabolism,now I eat twice as much and I have lost more weight.

Keva
    Free Member

not very easily. 43yrs old and still the same shape and weight I was twenty years ago, actually about three quarters of a stone lighter since losing a bit of muscle mass over the last 15 years.

Kev

enigmas
    Free Member

As a 17 year old with a very fast metabolism i can eat all day and still look like a stick!
    Not that im trying to make you guys jealous or anything… 😉

souldrummer
    Free Member

I can put it on really easily. When I was off the bike due to sickness earlier on this year, the weight just piled on. Although I am back on the bike the weight’s not coming off as quickly as it went on!!

downshep

enigmas – I was like that until I hit 30, just couldn’t put on weight. 30-40, easy to control weight. Now 40+ have to watch what I eat or I put on weight like a ‘normal’ person. Enjoy it while it lasts!

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

enigmas +1
    i’m 19

mrhoppy

Like usain bolt on steroids.

Lawmanmx – Member
    i can gain and lose at will, but then i Know what im doing

+1

And I’m 40 – 6′ & 11.5st and holding steady at that

I’ve been as heavy as 15.5st – generally when I set about losing weight I do it at around 0.5st per month.

Over Christmas I ate like a pig, drank and didn’t exercise – I put on 4lb in 2 weeks and lost it again 2 weeks later.

teasel
    Free Member

A week of egg custard tarts.

Just don’t go there…

4ndyB
    Free Member

I went from 65kg to 71kg in 9 months

ok it doesn’t seem like a lot, but in the previous 30 years of being a 10 stone weakling it’s one hell of a shock, especially as it’s a beer belly & I hardly drink these days.

Oh hang on, it must be cake, it’s a cake belly.

Phew I feel a bit better now, it’s only cake, 6kg of cake.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

I think i have the most efficient body in the world, I can eat the square route of feckall and still manage to go out 2x 2 hour cycles and put on 2 lbs at the weekend.

Its not even funny.

senorj

I just have to look at a packet of hobnobs and I put on weight. 🙁

forge197
    Free Member

Far too easily unfortunately.

molgrips
    Free Member

Not very easily, however it seems correspondingly hard to shift too.

willard

It would appear that it is quite easy with my advancing years.

“normal” weight for me is about 90 – 95 kilos (I’m 6′ 5″, so this is a reasonable weight for me), and I was quite happily trotting along at 94 for ages, going to the gym three times a week, riding, kayaking and running. Hurt my knee, no gym for ten days/two weeks, next trip said I had gone up to 96 kilos.

I really do need to stop grazing at work and start to cycle in. Also, keeping the beer at bay during the week makes a big difference, even if it is just one bottle.

Off to the gym tonight in any case.

tomhoward

PeaslakeDave – Member
    enigmas +1
    i’m 19

+1. I’m 27….

Wondering when it’s all gonna stop 😕

teasel – Member
    A week of egg custard tarts.

Just don’t go there…

Didn’t know they did week long trips to heaven?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’ve read around this a bit and from the papers I saw there’s no evidence for metabolism changing significantly from the age of about 20 upwards until you’re geriatric, it’s just exercise levels that change notably.

On a similar note, I can eat pretty much anything I choose and not gain significantly, but likewise I can idave or starve myself to death for weeks and lose nothing but a good few trips out exercising seems to make a fair amount of difference.

pinches
    Free Member

enigmas +2

(i’m 26)

i have an outrageous metabolic rate.

midlifecrisis
    Free Member

Am I missing something here? I thought weight gain was related to how many calories are consumed over what is needed to stay at your current weight?

If you are active and move around a lot during the day / spend a lot of time on your feet then you will need more calories than someone who spends a lot of time sitting but isn’t the key factor in weight gain to do with how many calories more than this you consume?

stever
    Free Member

Pretty much same shape and size as 25 years ago. Bit less up top, bit more legs. Mustn’t grumble.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Biking weight at 6’2″ 12 stone. Lardarse weight 16 stone. 😕 been lardarse weight for a while, ….

molgrips
    Free Member

isn’t the key factor in weight gain to do with how many calories more than this you consume?

It’s not the key factor. The source of those calories are considered to be more important now afaik. Lots of simple carbs being bad, fat less so.

Taff
    Free Member

I can put on or lose half a stone easily within a week depending on how much exercise I do and how much I drink. Food doesn’t really affect me that much if I’m honest other than at Christmas.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m 30 and was slightly overweight ~13st at 6’2″ while i was a field engineer spending £8 a day on fast food (maccy ds breakfast and KFC lunch!) and not exercising much.

I cycle the 6 miles to work now and eat all you can eat buffets 2/3 times a week – weight has dropped to just a shade over 12st.

I’m fitter, faster, stronger and generally flippin knackered all the time.

And I love it.

Edit: took about 4 weeks to drop the stone.

rootes1

never.

deadslow

Time to consider a career change? You would fit right in….Porky Pigs

timc
    Free Member

enigmas – Member
    As a 17 year old with a very fast metabolism i can eat all day and still look like a stick!
    Not that im trying to make you guys jealous or anything..

I was like that at 17, not anymore at 30.

Good think about getting older is you can drop £4k on a new bike without worrying, Not that i’m trying to make you guys Jealous or anything 😉

downshep

timc – I leurve u

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Faster than ton in a non idave sweet shop.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘How quick do you put on weight?’ is closed to new replies.