Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Porky pigs facing the chop
  • wrecker
    Free Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9145396/Unfit-police-will-face-pay-cut-under-plans-to-rid-service-of-fat-officers.html

Hmm, unsure of this. Is it right to sack the fatties? Just as Krispy kreme has entered the UK?
    Could it be (successfully) argued that the job requires a certain amount of fitness, and if so, should they have periodic fitness tests?
    It’ll be good for the fuel consumption of the cars, trucks and helicopters though.
    Most relevant; Will the union stand for it?

Oh and I love that pic. 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

Will the union stand for it?

This has already been tried, they found it too tiring, sat down again and got stuck into the doughnuts. 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can’t they just limit the largest size of uniform?

Embarass the porky ones* into slimming.

Or they could put them on attack dog training?

*usual exceptions for those with true thyroid problems etc.

khani
    Free Member

How will they infiltrate weight watchers now?….

duckman

They have already sacked firemen for it, so precedent is already set. Wow! krispy kreme in the UK!!!!!!!!! Where? When? What was the original topic?

jota180
    Free Member

One of the funniest ‘fly on the wall’ police docs I saw involved the local plod not being able to beat down a particularly tough looking door [ a big, outward opening hardwood jobbie]

Anyway, after many minutes of flogging away with the the battering ram a few local kids turned up to heckle them.
    One of the kids shouted “give the fat boy another go” followed by “the exercise will do him good”

wwaswas

Wow! krispy kreme in the UK!!!!!!!!! Where? When? What was the original topic?

been a shop in Brighton for at least a year. They sell them in Tescos now.

jota180
    Free Member

Gatwick airport have had them for years

……. or was it Luton??

wrecker
    Free Member

This has already been tried, they found it too tiring, sat down again and got stuck into the doughnuts.

😀

Or they could put them on attack dog training?

I’d pay actual money to watch that.

kimbers

it amazes me people like krispy kreme, i find them too ridiculously sweet,

i have a mate whos a copper and hes a bit fat,i think ill send him a text 😉

willard

Face it, anyone that spends the bulk of their day behind a desk, or in a car, is going to pack on the pounds through sheer boredom.

swiss01
    Free Member

i think it’s a good precedent. can we sack fat mps also? no eric pickles, no john prescott – seems reasonable

ftr1873
    Free Member

5.4 on the Bleep Test. They’ll have hardly warmed up by then. Bring em in line with the armed forces, which also means you get sacked if you fail too many.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Wonder what she’s thinking…..

IanMunro
    Free Member

😀

vinnyeh

🙂

Thought this said fitness test, not fatness?

deadslow

Nonsense
    Free Member

Im a police officer and I’m all for it to be honest. I also think the level of fitness required to join now (much lower than when I joined) is waaaay too low. Some roles in the police already require regular fitness tests and higher levels of fitness to do e.g firearms, dogs, public order etc.

Some of the stuff quoted there is total poo pop though. No idea where they got the stats from for the percentage of overweight officers. Plus it goes on bmi rather than any sensible measure of fitness or proportion. I’m 6’1 and 14 stone but I also have a low body fat measurement and would be classified as one of the fatties.

I predict the other stuff about direct entry at Inspector and Superintendent level will backfire on them spectacularly. You wouldn’t employ a vet as a consultant neurosurgeon. Madness.

sparkyrhino

Krispy kreme in leeds,near ikea apparantly 🙄

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Porky pigs facing the chop’ is closed to new replies.