Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • how much does this job pay then?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

Happy to do the job but snobbish over the product there cinnamon_girl? Double standards, but I guess thats allowed. I might start another thread just to highlight those double standards. That would be amusing.

cinnamon_girl

TooTall – I don't understand your comments.

aleigh
    Free Member

I've always wanted to advertise a golf sale.

Me….I'd like to advertise lingerie

TooTall
    Free Member

don't eat that crap then you will have a figure like mine

🙄

cinnamon_girl

TooTall – it has nothing to do with being snobbish. I consider their beefburger to be tasteless and the bread roll probably hasn't seen any flour or yeast. It makes me cross that they can offer such cheap food when people don't realise that it's easier, cheaper and more nutritious to make your own.

I definitely don't have double standards!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

when people don't realise that it's easier, cheaper and more nutritious to make your own

AKA people are thick?

Maybe, bit leftfield here, but maybe people choose to eat Macdonalds, hell, maybe some people like it.

aleigh
    Free Member

I like McD's! I know it's not the healthiest thing to eat but it forms a part of my 'Junk Food Friday'!

headfirst
    Free Member

it's easier, cheaper and more nutritious to make your own

but its not as tasty…quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a chocolate milkshake…yum yum yum….and all the calories you need for the day…and it would take me ages to drive to tesco, buy all the necessary ingredients, go home and cook it all (do I have to mince the beef myself?) and then drive back to work

TooTall
    Free Member

it has nothing to do with being snobbish. I consider their beefburger to be tasteless and the bread roll probably hasn't seen any flour or yeast.

From their website – the burger ingredients:

100% Pure Beef. No additives, fillers, binders, preservatives or flavour enhancers. Just pure forequarter and flank. A little salt and pepper is added to season after cooking.

The bun:

Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Yeast, Vegetable Oil (Rapeseed), Salt, Soya Flour, Wheat Fibre, Emulsifiers (Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Mono- and Diacetyl Tartaric Acid Esters of Mono- and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate), Palm Oil, Preservative (Calcium Propionate), Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid).

Please – your achingly middle class prejudices are clouding your views. I'd love it if everyone could knit their own organic tofu, but that isn't the world. Convenience foods survive because people like convenience. It isn't perfect but, in moderation, it won't kill you.

grantway
    Free Member

Yep pays about £ 35 a day in London.

On the Radio BBC London Live interviewed a person doing this
    That chap turned out to be Polish and in Poland he was an
    Architect. But cannot get work as one here due to wrong qualifications

But holding this board up outside a shop was paying more than
    what he was earning being an Architect in Poland.

alexathome
    Free Member

Anyway, minimum wage is minimum wage, i'd much prefer to be doing that than working in a shoe shop fitting shoes on peoples stinking feet all day, anyway i prefer Burger King, especially those ones with the onion rings and bacon in, they are delicious. I've really gone off Mc'Doanalds lately, they are disgusting in New Zealand, I don't believe that stuff about them all tasting the same everywhere in the world, for instance i had a big mac in Prague and it was delicious, i'm not even convince it tasted better as i was hung over and it was breakfast, it just tasted pretty damn good. 😀

Anyone else noticed the geographical influence on burger taste? If he could get this sort of work back in Poland he could score himself a tastier lunch.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

MaccyD's do change the flavours for the different countries. Apparently they do the same with the chicken nuggets (I was once on a course with a fella that worked at the place that provided some 90% of the nuggets to MaccyDs across Europe).

As for the chap holding the board – good luck to the guy. I would be bored rigid doing it but for him it's obviously a way to get a few extra sheckels. Whether it is declared income or not is a different matter. 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

It makes me cross that they can offer such cheap food when people don't realise that it's easier, cheaper and more nutritious to make your own.

People do 🙄 I just think it's a little inconvenient to get your camping stove out in the middle of the high street and cook a shepherds pie when there's a McDonalds right next to you 😆

juan
    Free Member

Was the picture taken where I think it was…

rOcKeTdOg

McDonald's meal tasty? When did that start? It's not implemented in any of their restaurants I've been in

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

When I was younger I saw a part time job advertised as a sandwich board 'operative'. I was going to apply for it but my girlfriend at the time threatened to dump me if I did because she would have been ashamed.

I didn't understand it – I thought it would be a great job – get to walk around in the fresh air doing nothing and get money for it.

I ended up taking a job counting money for the local bus company instead.

And the OP picture is in Cheltenham isn't it? Near the Two Pigs?

rOcKeTdOg

Lol @ the tags

coffeeking
    Free Member

When I go into a busy MacDonalds its obvious the people there are working very hard.

We obviously have different MacD's! However good on the chap holding the sign, at least he's working.

but its not as tasty…quarter pounder with cheese, fries and a chocolate milkshake…yum yum yum

Jesus, are you a first year uni student? Making mega-tastey homemade burgers is nearly as easy as boiling an egg!

juan
    Free Member

Making mega-tastey homemade burgers is nearly as easy as boiling an egg!

Nope because you can screw up the boiling egg. Not the burger 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

I'm sorry this thread got bitchy. I've always vaguely wondered what holding one of those signs paid. Now I know. It's fair to say it's probably not a career for many people. 😐

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘how much does this job pay then?’ is closed to new replies.