Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • How much brake fluid in a cable?
  • Gilles

Hi,

Decided to bleed my Shimano brakes with mineral oil (it's written on the brake levers, so I'm sure I got it right). Pot is 125ml. I kept topping up until I see no bubbles coming out on the other side…but after emptying half of the container, there was still some air trapped coming out in the fluid. I decided to stop half way thinking I'm doing something wrong and I like to check with you how much oil do you usually need to fully replace the old one, per cable?

Thank you.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don't really understand what you are doing. There are no cables in hydro brakes A full system – master cylinder/ hose / calliper will contain about 25 ml of fluid – maybe a bit more. some brakes need a specific procedure – make sure you are using he correct one.

Are you letting the reservoir empty completely – that introduces more air.

Gilles

sorry that's my whacky english, I mean hose or pipe, not cable, where the fluid goes through. And I can see that 25 ml it's not a lot. Thanks. Always top up before the reservoir get empty. Got to read the instruction again.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

somewhere there is air getting in then as you try to bleed thru if you rare still getting air out of the system

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How much brake fluid in a cable?’ is closed to new replies.