Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hope Hoops Pro 2 on Flows Help
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

If i buy this front wheel will it come with the 15mm adapter or just the QR and 20mm, I seem to find different answers on different sites.

Are the 15mm kits readily available?

mattp
    Free Member

9mm is standard iirc but some wheel builders will swap over at a no cost option e.g. if you buy the from roger at wheelpro. if not coversion kits are readily available…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No, they come with QR & 20mm,

It’s the Crests that come with the 9 & 15mm adapters.

Wookster

qr 15 kits are easy to get hold of i think they are about 15 quid, my lbs swapped the qr inserts for a set so worth asking mate.

mattp
    Free Member

Hob Nob – Member

No, they come with QR & 20mm,

It’s the Crests that come with the 9 & 15mm adapters.

I’ll get me Coat!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

ah ok, im still not sure i need the flows to be honest. Going on a LT hardtail but i think they maybe overkill for my weight and riding style.

ChrisI

If you get them from a Tech Shop they will spec them with whichever you want. Moonglu did mine with a set of 9mm bolt through to go with my Stumpys RWS skewer.

robarnold
    Free Member

Go with the Flows. I bought a Pro2/Flow wheelset for my Remedy this year and they were bombproof. I also ran them on my P7 hardtail for a couple of blasts round trail centres in August and it was incredible how much difference they made to the bike (after having come staright from Sleepless with my race wheelset on). Run with a 2.3/2.4 tyre on, the Flows make for a very comfortable and confidence inspiring ride

neninja
    Free Member

As said above if you get from a tech shop they’ll fit whatever you want.

I also got a set from Moonglu and they spec’d a 15mm front and 10mm rear thru axle (although there was a small additional cost for the rear).

Mugboo

I have this combo with a blingy red sram cassette and they seem very light so seen as they are tough as well, then why not…

T666DOM

I collected my Pro 2 SP with Flow rims yesterday, came with QR and 20mm adapters, roll on the weekend to give them a good run out and listening to that new hub!

eshershore
    Free Member

its basically because the Flow wheelset is aimed at all-mountain riders using 20mm forks like RS Lyric or Fox 36

the lighter Crest wheelset is aimed at trail riders typically using Q/R or QR15 forks like RS Revelations

Hope make adapters so you can always buy whichever wheelset you prefer and just swap the front hub adapter to suit your fork choice

Tony.w
    Free Member

Sorry for the Hi-jack I want a pair of crest rims for my Hope build 32 hole no probs but struggling with 36 hole. Do they make a 36 hole???

chiefP
    Free Member

Moving from the front to the back, how easy is it to convert a 9mm rear to the 12×142 using the conversion kit. Hope have a video to do the front but not the rear?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Right, thing is Crest and Flow are same price so for the Mmmbop I may as well get the flow’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops Pro 2 on Flows Help’ is closed to new replies.