• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope BBs – any good?
  • DrP

Think it’s time for a new HT2 BB – my shimano XT has been packed and repacked with grease enough times and is giving up the ghost!
    I don’t have the tooling to remove the bearings, and was looking at the Hope range – any good?

Or….any tips on swapping out the bearings on an XT HT2 cup?

DrP

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Non-driveside on mine went rough pretty quick (tho cranks still spin ok).

The cost of the bearings (17 quid each side) and tool to fit them is pretty high too.

Might be better sticking with SLX/XT.

TimP
    Free Member

Just gone for XTR from Rose Bikes for £16 (+£8 P+P), so cheap I got 2 (for £40 all in)

Matt24k
    Free Member

I had an LX HT2 BB and did 2 non drive side bearings in just over a year. I fitted a Hope ceramic 2 years ago and it is still running smooth on the original bearings.
    The trick is to get all your mates to buy Hope and convince one of them that getting the tool with it is a great idea!
    BTW I am World Champion at first out the cab and last to the bar 😆

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Matt24k- your not from Yorkshire are you 😀

blablablacksheep
    Free Member

Just gone for XTR from Rose Bikes for £16 (+£8 P+P), so cheap I got 2 (for £40 all in)

that cant be right just checked and it says £16.58 including VAT plus shipping costs……not sure why urs cost you extra £8…

that what my basket is saying..

Northwind

Hope are fine- and quite resistant to overtightening too, which is a major BB killer. But you can get about 5 XT BBs, which should last longer (they’re more sensitive to overtightening- so don’t).

Or if you want colour, Gamut EXT24- you’ll get 2 for the price of one Hope, and they’re better sealed than Shimano, and very easy to replace bearings in

andyl
    Free Member

that cant be right just checked and it says £16.58 including VAT plus shipping costs……not sure why urs cost you extra £8…

that what my basket is saying.

‘plus shipping’ means shipping is extra on top of that.

ie £16 x 2 + £8.

DrP

Just ordered 3 from rose bikes – people are sure to want them, and at just over £22 each it’s a bargain!!

DrP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope BBs – any good?’ is closed to new replies.