Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • HONC entries are open
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

What happenened to make the event suddenly take off?

It’s cheap to enter and easy to ride. With a great cake-stop.

😉

tollah
    Free Member

We’ll be riding a varient of the course which misses out lots of the road and adds in some local knowledge cheek 😆

FuzzyWuzzy

Doh, I checked at 8am and then got side-tracked so missed the 10am start and by the time I’d remembered to check again it was full. Enjoyed it the last couple of years so tempted to do it unofficially + donation this time around but I guess if too many started doing that the event would be in trouble due to the numbers permitted (although who sets the 1200 limit, council, police, organising club based on a risk-assessment, insurance provider?) 🙁

Oranj
    Free Member

oldgit – Member

Well there was a snowstorm the time I did it.

2006. Horrible – white-out across the tops.

I’m in again this year, no. 447. Can’t believe how quickly it filled.

The strange thing is, a 50 or 100km signposted route using lanes and bridleways can sell out 1200 places in less than two hours, yet if it was a challenge to independently plan a route and navigate to 30 locations over 100 square km using the same lanes and bridleways, 50 people would enter and 1000 would say they don’t want to do it because it’s boring.

clubber
    Free Member

TQ isn’t sociable in the same way though…

Plus everyone has beards and rides Marins 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I really can’t think of anything more dull to do on a bike than a trail quest.

But then I can’t navigate for shit.

Yeah, I guess riding off in to the distance hoping you might just stumble across one of the control point markers wouldn’t be much of a day out.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘HONC entries are open’ is closed to new replies.