Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Home based business insurance help!!
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

This isn’t spam.
    Mrs cloudnine runs a web based business (website and ebay shop from home)
    selling gifts and home ware and cant find a sensible quote anywhere..
    Anyone know of anyone??
    Thanks

maccruiskeen

what aspect of the business are you trying to insure?

the-muffin-man

Have you spoken to a broker?

br
    Free Member

Hiscox.

chakaping
    Free Member

hiscox +1

cloudnine
    Free Member

Its mainly the stock.. Its run from our backyard in a timber framed building

maccruiskeen

Stand alone insurance for the stock by itself might be tricky or expensive to set up. Although it won’t seem terribly relevant try looking at providers of public liability insurance, not for that cover in itself but lots of brokers will bundle other covers with the PL policy and for me I’ve found that cheaper than stand alone cover. I need PL insurance anyway, but adding goods/tools in transit cover to it cost buttons and the PL and other insurance together is cheaper all in than the goods/tools insurance would have been on its own.

There are a few online brokers that do that kind of bundle, I think last time it did it through Simply Business

geoffj

This may be a stupid question, but have you tried your home insurer? I run my business from home. I don’t hold stock, but my home insurance (Bank of Scotland I think), cover my equipment.

cloudnine
    Free Member

The problem we seem to be coming up against is that its a timber framed construction that we cant get insured..

donsimon
    Free Member

The problem we seem to be coming up against is that its a timber framed construction that we cant get insured..

What are your options with regard to putting the stock in a more solid structure?
    Spare bedroom?
    Brick/concrete structure in the yard?
    I guess this would have to be balanced against the value of the stock and potential lost business if you couldn’t fulfill orders.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Thanks for the suggestions… Finally got an excellent deal through these people
    (Im in no way associated with them)

£135/PA premium which covers stock to £40k and Public Liability

http://www.thebusinessoctopus.co.uk/

Weren’t even bothered the stock room is timber framed and built by my own fair hands…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Home based business insurance help!!’ is closed to new replies.