Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Home alone … Vinyl moment
  • downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

A Beer (or two) and a trawl through the vinyl collection … Massive Attack – Blue Lines, The Sundays – Reading Writing and Arithmetic, with all the crackle and pop of vinyl – Bliss 8)

flip
    Free Member

Just got back into vinyl myself..have fun 😉

downhillsquirrel
    Free Member

Mmmm…Marvin Gaye via Billie Holiday …

MoreCashThanDash

Whilst I appreciate the musical thrust here, if I’m ever home alone, there is no music, no radio, no TV, no nagging, no arguing kids…….

Silence truly is golden…..

mboy
    Free Member

Have an awesome night! 😀

Just sold my 1200’s 2 days ago mind, and am sobbing already! Not used em in 4-5 years mind, but still heartbreaking…

Still got my CDJ’s and my Mac though.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Missing my Rega Planar 3 here with lovely 1042 cartridge.

Glad I didn’t flog my records though, even though I have nothing to play them on.

Hohum
    Free Member

I love Blue Lines!

I have never heard it on vinyl though.

Enjoy yourself 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I flogged mine recently, hadn’t got it out the box for 5 years odd.

Hohum
    Free Member

Hmmm, you have inspired me to dig my Blue Lines out again tonight 😀

I am just listening to a bit of Sasha beforehand though (is that allowed?)

My wife and children hate it on a Friday night as Daddy digs out his old tunes, but hey ho!

ski
    Free Member

Just got mine setup again, new Pro-Ject rpm 1.3 genie, boy have I missed it, Hendrix, Peel Sessions tonight, a 50p charity shop find 😉

kayak23

Roots reggae, it needs vinyl… Fact.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyTE1_2Y2sw[/video]

dogbert
    Free Member

Tomorrow, see here: http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/

GJP
    Free Member

I just picked up a Thorens TD 150 MKII this evening with a few mods and Goldring 1024. No vinyl nor phono stage at the moment but that is what Sat is for.

Built I believe in 1972, so almost as old as me and in better health by the look of it.

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Got a Thorens TD160 mkII myself with Audio Technica cartridge into Naim pre/power amp.
    Yep, flat earther me..

GJP
    Free Member

vim_fuego – Member
    Got a Thorens TD160 mkII myself with Audio Technica cartridge into Naim pre/power amp.
    Yep, flat earther me..

We could be brothers 😆 running mine into a Naim pre/power combo. Very impressed so far, but buying s/h LPs is very hit and miss I have found out today, and I can’t believe I just paid £25 for an LP FFS!

vim_fuego
    Free Member

We could be brothers running mine into a Naim pre/power combo. Very impressed so far, but buying s/h LPs is very hit and miss I have found out today, and I can’t believe I just paid £25 for an LP FFS!

Yo Bro..

john_l
    Free Member

Acoustic Research EB101 with Goldring cartridge here. Exile on Main St so far today – think I’ll dig out Blue Lines later (Massive though, not Massive Attack 🙂

TheFopster
    Free Member

Another EB101 here. Got it for my 21st from mum and dad. My dad didn’t want me to have it as “it will be obsolete and you should have something that lasts”. More than twenty years later still going strong! Will go and dig out Blue Lines this minute. Thanks for the prompt – great album.

zokes
    Free Member

Running a Linn Basik here in Oz, as I wouldn’t trust the shippers to get my lovely Thorens TD124 MkII over to Oz in one piece (which is a pity).

Having just been to a record fair this afternoon, I now have some questionable Australian rock to listen to (and the Doors, which was what I went for – my Dad’s are also still in the UK 🙁 )

GJP
    Free Member

Zokes, that TD124 is a beauty in a very very retro way. I know nothing about the Thorens lineage, but I can only guess that pre-dates the TD 150 by a few years.

zokes
    Free Member

It’s almost older than my dad, never mind me!

I picked it up s/h for 150 quid with an SME arm and Ortofon cartridge. At one point I did want to sell it as I was skint, and poked eBay. The last one sold on there went for over two grand TT only (no plinth, arm or cartridge). The arm also seemed to be worth somewhere in the region of two grand 😯

Funnily enough, I didn’t sell it!

Pity I didn’t ship it out – the removalists were excellent – only one small ornament broken out of a whole house-worth of stuff. I’m sure it would have been fine, and the baby Linn just doesn’t have the control and rhythm of the Thorens.

My dad also wants rid of his TD180 super, so maybe I’ll get that one shipped out one day.

Hadge
    Free Member

There are plenty of decent vinyl shops online and loads selling LP’s on 180gr vinyl which are much better quality than the usual stuff produced these days.

GJP
    Free Member

Hadge as I am new to vinyl can you please recommend some good online shops for vinyl and especially 180g stuff. Thx Gary

Hadge
    Free Member

Audio Affair stock some great stuff but you can get decent ones from HMV and Amazon as well. Some rarer stuff can be found doing Google searches and there’s stuff on eBay as well.

john_l
    Free Member

Rockbox are good.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Home alone … Vinyl moment’ is closed to new replies.