Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Highlight of the weekend
  • defaultslipper
    Free Member

Well that was a very busy weekend down at Ae Forest with the Avalanche Enduro! Looks like some fantastic racing going on, there must have been a few from on here down there. Highlight of the weekend has to have been meeting Nico Vouilloz of mountain biking downhill fame. Even had a good chat with him about racing and he is one very chilled out man who really enjoys racing. Despite claiming to be out of shape he still showed that he is quick as hell.
    Anyway, just feeling smug. Anyone else had a good weekend?

crazyhorse
    Free Member

I had a great weekend. Also had a chat with Nico. He seems a good bloke contrary to the press' opinion when he was at the height of his DH fame. I asked about his bike. It is a 140mm carbon lappiere with XX bling and 160 forks and shock. He has modified the shock mount to accomodate the longer shock. I want one!
    Despite his obvious pedigree it was by no means plain sailing as he got beat on a number of stages.
    Man of the weekend was CCA in 5th. He is, by his own admission an old man yet he still managed to beat Nico on the 5th stage!
    My highlight of the weekend was following my mate Mark down the last stage when he had a rear flat. He still pinned it over the jumps!
    I've said it before but it is a great format and there was a really good atmosphere with everybody having fun on their bikes.
    Shame about the cheating. I heard somebody cut the switchbacks on stage 4, electing to ride straight down the hill instead. I didn't see it but there was loads of negative chat about it when there didn't need to be.
    Anyway, I had a blast, really enjoyed it, and can't wait for more events like this.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Highlight of my weekend was digging my Epic out of hibernation, fitting the American Classic wheels I bought for it a couple of months back then giving it a first run of the year in the Pentlands, taking in a few of the nicest bits up there (the descent from Maidens Cleugh towards Flotterstone, Black Hill and the Nail Trail).

Every time I go back to it after spending time on other bikes it surprises me with just how fast it feels, even compared to hardtails.

Phatman
    Free Member

Crazyhorse: the line was between the tape, anyone calling cheat is just suffering from sour grapes. Those that took the line should be hailed for their inventiveness and having the vision to look for somthing faster off the track. Widely taped routes leave line options up to the rider and is a feature of this format of racing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Highlight of the weekend’ is closed to new replies.