Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Herman Miller office chairs
  • geoffj

Are they as good as the premium price suggests?
    I’m about to pull the trigger on an Aeron if comments are favourable.
    (yes, it is office refit time!)

Hobster
    Free Member

Very comfortable and avoids the sweaty back syndrome nicely.

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Depends how often they are used. At my work the chairs get used 24hrs a day and they lasted less than a year (as do most chairs to be fair).

marvincooper

Used one for 5 years in my last job – comfortable but not especially so. Relatively cheap office chair I have now is just as comfy. Look cool though.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

One of the most adjustable, comfortable, best designed chairs going. I always used to spec these when I worked in the design and fit out business.

BigJohn

They’re for companies who get fed up paying people to be off sick with backache for months and think that it’s cheaper to pay silly money for a load of chairs if it cuts down absenteeism.

When it’s stress that is the biggest cause of lower back pain.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I dont know if they are any good or not long term but i’m currently waiting on delivery of one.

Was the winner of the sit arse on it and spin around a bit test in the shop at least.

So if they are overpriced shit i’d prefer no-one to mention it 😀

boblo
    Free Member

I bought an Aeron for my home office after suffering a sore back on another type of chair. Very comfy and no sweaty back. The car likes it too…

I’m sure there are cheaper chairs that offer similar features but we don’t need too much encouragement to spend money on uneccesary high end kit do we…? 🙂

You can get decent refurbed ones off ebay and save a couple of hundred £££.

cb

They can be serviced as well so will last forever. Make sure you choose the right size, they are not a one size fits all type affair. Plenty of other makes with similar qualities tho. Human Scale make some obscenely comfortable chairs.

geoffj

Cheers folks I think I’ll proceed 🙂

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Comfortable and cool. I like but not the absolute best for back pain. Pretty hard on your trousers as well as they’re rough.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Herman Miller office chairs’ is closed to new replies.