Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help identifying a 'Carradry' saddlebag.
  • paul4stones

Sitting at a cafe in Allenheads yesterday four chaps rolled up on mtbs (a Genesis Fortitude, a couple of FS Commencals and something else, just in case it’s you) and they all seemed to have the same saddlebags. One of them actually said carradry on it, they were all made out of that waterproof material like ortleib use, they were roughly 30x25x25 cm and mounted on the bikes by rails bolted to the seat rails and either onto the seat post or, in the case of the Genesis, onto the top rack mounts on the seatstays. They looked pretty good and a useful size but I can’t see them on the Carradice site. The nearest that looks like it is the carradry handlebar bag but they must have done some clever modification of the mounting system.

Any ideas? Or did I just stumble across some kind of elite secret development team escaped from the NW?

toys19
    Free Member

On of these maybe on the carradry website!

paul4stones

No, none of those. More like the carradry handlebar bag but mounted as a saddlebag.

http://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?page_id=product&under=range&product_id=54

STATO
    Free Member

Carradry glentress?

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s73p1332

Dont think its on the Carradice website anymore tho.

paul4stones

No. Right sort of material but they didn’t have the roll top fastening like that.

STATO
    Free Member

Could have been a modified Carradry Brompton front bag, but then again it could have been anything. Carradice do and have made a whole bunch of different bags over the years.

paul4stones

I should have sought them out in the cafe and asked. Was intrigued by the Fortitude too which looked canny.

Perhaps I’ll keep bumping this on the off chance they frequent this forum 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Non suspension corrected 29er?

Only a matter of time.

paul4stones

Exactly!

paul4stones

Wonder if they’re back yet?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help identifying a 'Carradry' saddlebag.’ is closed to new replies.