Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Have we a new Barry Sheene?…
  • bellerophon
    Free Member

.. in Cal Crutchlow

Did brilliant in today’s motogp

neninja
    Free Member

I’m puzzled by his transformation this year. I can only imagine the new tyres and 1000cc bikes suit his style as he was very average last year.

Good to see a Brit near the front in the top class.

Hadge
    Free Member

Tyres, it’s as simple as that and because he now has confidence in them gripping and doing exactly what he thinks they’ll do he’s now able to compete at the top. Outstanding performance today and I’m positive he will get a podium this year.

Brainflex

There will never be another like Barry Sheene! With what he did for the sport, his presence and his ability, no one can achieve that in this era.

ngeddie
    Free Member

New Barry Sheene never…… as both smoking and not wearing a helmet on the victory lap are both now banned 🙂

However fully agree with Cal’s perf today, hope this is the start of a new UK champ

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hadge
    Free Member

Cheers TJ. Takes me back to the one of the most treasured memories of my life when I sat on his RG500 at Oulton Park and met him and Stephanie.

weeksy

A bit. But even looking back at his WSS and WSB and even BSS rides, he’s a VERY VERY good rider. What we’ve not had is a very good rider who can make the transition to the big league… However now in this season Cal has a bike that (probably) rides a lot more like the bikes he loves… Add to this he’s on a more even playing field than previous years due to bike development being in it;s infancy on these models… Means overall he’s in the best position possible.
    Finally, he’s a confidence rider, always has been. Currently riding on the crest of a wave due to pre-season and 2 race meets where he’s performed brilliantly.

He has two of the 3 things he needs to become an Alien.
    Speed
    Bollox
    Consistency… this is the only one he’s lacking at the moment…however, this season, he’s obviously finding that too.

To finish within 4 seconds of Lorenzo/Stoner is bloody amazing. MAybe… just maybe he’ll now shut up the muppets who’ve written him off.

weeksy

PRetty damn fine result again today 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Have we a new Barry Sheene?…’ is closed to new replies.