Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Have Hope Pro 2 Hubs Changed?
  • Aidan
    Free Member

I have had a number of Pro 2 SS hubs over the years. I just took apart the most recent one to replace the bearings and it seems like they may have changed the design…

In the odd one:

The drive-side end cap seems smaller, offering less protection to one of the bearings in the freehub.

The freehub only has 2 bearings in it instead of 3. The inner one is very tall has metal instead of rubber seals.

It came with less finished looking bolts. Real ugly ones.

When I put the new bearing kit into the freehub, I put 2 bearings in the place of the tall one but that seems to change the size of the spacer that you need inside the freehub. I compared spacers, and the funny hub definitely has a thinner spacer. With the new bearings in, I could only make it work by putting an extra spacer in. All very odd.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Probably best call Hope in the morning, but just curious to see if anyone on here can help (and looking to vent after a short job mysteriously became a long one).

coatesy
    Free Member

Not seen anything from Hope about this, not sure why(or how)they'd do that, can't see any way to put a taller bearing in without fitting it away from the freehubs main load point. Was it a secondhand hub that somebody may have "improved"?

kevin1911

Are you sure the old ones weren't hope xc hubs?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Have Hope Pro 2 Hubs Changed?’ is closed to new replies.