Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Hardtails Vs Full sussers
  • dandan
    Free Member

Is it just me or are more people on this forum buying hardtailsn riding them more than and enjoying them more than their full sussers, or is it just that time of year?

I know I am loving riding my new p7 much more than my full susser 🙂

ton

not been on my full sus for 2 months
    riding a cheap fisher 29r h/tail at the mo and it is great too.

MussEd
    Free Member

Seriously? is this really needed again? So soon?

RealMan
    Free Member

What you on about. Unicycles where its at now a days.

druidh
    Free Member

What happened to that new policy of deleting duplicate threads?

starseven
    Free Member

I'll ride anything..

jedi

ride what ya brung

giantjason
    Free Member

yes got rid of my full sus as i hadnt been out on it since i came back from southern Spain.

i prefer hardtails in the UK but may miss my full sus when i go to the Alps later this year.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Is it just me

Yes. And other masochists/ludites. 😉

takisawa2

There's definitely a rise in the popularity of HT's of late.
    And rightly so.

neilnevill
    Free Member

we go through cycles/periods in love with differnt bikes surely? Although being in the South east…..I'm currntly riding rigid or HT 99% of the time over the last 2 years as the bouncer is just overkill.

I find the hardtail makes me ride properly and ride better though, I get lazy and messy after a while on the bouncer.

hodge

How many more **** times is this being covered, ride what you like when you like! Now **** off and please do try and post something more interesting….

nacho
    Free Member

I like to swap between both, each has it's own attributes and I'm lucky enough to have the choice

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

FS comes out when the trails get dryer and faster

uponthedowns
    Free Member

FS comes out when the trails get dryer and faster

Mmm… I've always found FS to be better in snow.

alpin
    Free Member

hardtail…. i can ride everything that a FS rider can; sometimes faster, sometimes slower, but overall there isn't much in it and the HT is more fun, more connected to the trail and nicer to ride…

coogan
    Free Member

more connected to the trail

I never understood this comment. Or the 'pick your line' one either. Got both and like both. Can't say I ride them any different or prefer one over the other. Lucky to have the choice I suppose. But these kinda threads get wheeled out every month or so with the exact same answers everytime. Just go ride yer bikes, don't think about it too much and have a larf.

emac65
    Free Member

I like to run around with my bike over my shoulder,it makes me feel more connected to the trail & saves on bike wear….

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Modern bikes are capable of much more than the average rider can dish out irrespective of FS or HT they will do what most people dare to ride.

I know there are some great riders on here who can, an do, do amazing things on bikes but many folk I see out day to day are just average like me.

So it becomes a what you can affod/want issue not a need issue in most cases.

nickc

Every type of bike has a place. It doesn't really matter.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I ride my full suss when I feel like it, and I ride my hardtail when I feel like it.

Simple really.

racefaceec90

i like both.

bryan-g-

I have been riding my hardtail or cross more recently but if I am going on a decent ride take full susser as its just more comfy.

Slogo
    Free Member

i dont have a full suspension bike!

qwerty
    Free Member

was there not a suspension design, back in the day, that bolted onto a HT to convert it to FS? the Holy Grail of UK riding perhaps!!!

rolfharris
    Free Member

I ride my hardtail most- I do have a full susser for normal riding but use it for big mountains and the odd trail centre. Almost every other ride I enjoy more on the hardtail

mmccarthy
    Free Member

Don't forget fully rigids!

clubber
    Free Member

qwerty – Member
    was there not a suspension design, back in the day, that bolted onto a HT to convert it to FS? the Holy Grail of UK riding perhaps!!!

there was but it was **** awful!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Hardtails Vs Full sussers’ is closed to new replies.