Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • grrrrr ruddy clients not paying !
  • toys19
    Free Member

I have a client who is now 55 days overdue, they emailed last week to say that they would pay, but still nothing. I email today with a pdf of my letter before action/7day to notify them of thyat which I have sent registered post today and they say they sent a cheque last friday. Now it isn’t my fault if this cheque is lost in the post is it? As far as I am concerned if I don’t get payment within a week its off to small claims right? (why these gits cant pay electronically I do not know). grrrrrr

wwaswas

why these gits cant pay electronically I do not know

they get an extra weeks credit if they use a cheque…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This isn’t a tenant by any chance is it?

toys19
    Free Member

no a client of my business. You dirt digger you..

sharkbait
    Free Member

You’d be better off sending an actual letter and getting it signed for…. not sure an emailed PDF is any good.
    Include a claim for interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002 which also allows you to claim an extra £70 per invoice.
    This sort of thing tends to make them take notice.
    I have a great letter that was sent by my solicitor to a client who wasn’t paying – I just adapt it for whichever client isn’t paying!

toys19
    Free Member

ah I did that too

to notify them of thyat which I have sent registered post today

the email/pdf was just a friendly heads up in the hope they would get their house in order.. (I’m sure its an admin mistake but my accoutant insists I send this LBA yadda yadda)

I shall have a look at the payments regs I did not know that thank you.

Scamper
    Free Member

I had to go through this for the first time in years recently. Get a solicitor to send a letter (cheap) threatening small claims, or better still, winding up their business. The latter will concentrate their mind, but would cost a bit to go through with, which may not be economically viable.

swamp_boy

This lot came well recommended for a low cost effective service

Thomas Higgins Partnership

Not had to use them myself yet though, I get punters going overdue, but seem to be persuasive enough to get them to pay up without going that far.

Up until last week, as a one man band I was owed £51k – squeaky bum time. I had one customer still outstanding for £2700 which was due at the end of August (now paid). I’m still owed £43k, of which one invoice is £25k and £20k of that is owed to one sub-contractor – this is currently 9 days late and I’ve now been told it will be next week, making it 14 days late.

Oh and before some nob comes on slating me for bragging about cash – the rest is swallowed straight up with suppliers and overdrafts. Just stating the enormity of the potential loss if someone defaults – I really need to go Limited.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘grrrrr ruddy clients not paying !’ is closed to new replies.