Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Grey hair
  • DickBarton

I've had grey hair on my head since I was 18 – not really bothered me and I've now got a fine mix of grey on my head…this morning I've now spotted a grey chest hair (I have about 10 in total so it was easy to spot) – I'm now just waiting for one on my eyebrows and that will be grey hair on every part of my body (well apart from my toes I think!).

Anyway, aside from that alarming admission…what causes grey hair? Is it dietary? blood circulation? hereditary? genetic?

I'm merely musing about it rather than looking for something that I can do to prevent or reverse it…and as it is the day before christmas I'm assuming I'm not starting the rather slow transformation into a real Father Christmas…so just wondering if it's a known cause of what produces grey hair…

flyingmonkeycorps

My beard's going grey. This pleases me.

Sorry, that wasn't a helpful post!

bruneep

The lucky bastid has hair, and he moans about the colour of it 🙄

jabbathehut
    Free Member

better grey hair than nae hair!

woody2000

Wait till you get a grey nose hair! 😀

You get grey hair when melanin is no longer produced at the root, typically as you get older. HTH

falkirk-mark

Wait till you need one of these bad boys
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-1583.aspx

mt
    Free Member

grey nose hair, yep got that.

montylikesbeer

and bl££ding ear hair !!!!, what the hell is that all about.

woody2000

Grey bum hair mt? 😀

DickBarton

I was actually about to mention that I'd forgotten about ear hair…I have a long straggly beastie out my left ear and I can't work out what it is for (other than annoying me!) – don't think it is grey yet but hard to tell.

Nose hair, good grief yes, got that but not examined it enough to see if it is grey…

That Tesco trimmer – great idea but do you just stick it up your nostril/down your ear lug and it does the rest? Nasal hair, a real pain in the bahind (so to speak) as it seems to grow to a length that tickles when you breath out (or when I breath out) through my nose…

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I've had some grey hair on my head for years but recently if I don't shave I've noticed some grey beard hairs and even a couple of ginger ones!! 😕

nbt

You don't go bald you know, hair sinks as you get older. It still grows, just out of you ears and nose and shoulders rather than your head….

wonnyj
    Free Member

Dick, I think I met you once years ago on a bike ride round Stirling (you were riding one of those old style Pace frames and took the piss out of me for putting my saddle down). Anyway, you were a bit of an old git even then, so I wouldn't worry about it!!! 🙂
    Merry Christmas!

(Jonny, 28 with more grey hairs everyday)

woody2000

nbt – FACT! 😀

thomthumb
    Free Member

I've had grey hair on my head since I was 18

I'm now just waiting for one on my eyebrows

you are alistair darling and i claim my £5

DickBarton

How very dare you Mr jonny…old style Pace frames…that was cutting edge!!!

Aye, that would have been me, it would be nice to think the 'skill' I had back then was still with me but I've even worse on a bike now than I was then!

I'm not too fussed about the grey hair, just wondering what causes it…18 when the head hair went grey, 26 when the groin started going grey, about 24 when the chin hair showed greyness and now 34 when the first grey hair on the chest (1 out of 10!!!) has gone grey.

CheesybeanZ

white chest hair 😯

scruff
    Free Member

Ive got grey hair in patches on my head, it looks like Ive been painting. I do have a bouncy loreal fullhead of hair though, most of my mates are at least receeding. Wife reckons it looks nice, I think shes just being kind, I look like an overweight greying late 30s dad wearing skateboard clothing.

wonnyj
    Free Member

It was a nice frame. I always wanted one when I was a lad.

My grey hairs did start until a couple of years ago when I was very busy/stressed at work. Still doesn't explain what's going on physically

samuri
    Free Member

If I could swap my balding for grey hair I'd do it like a shot.

Can you get grey toupee's?

HairyHarry
    Free Member

Not only has my beard gone grey, but its gone ginger too!

woodsman
    Free Member

grey as badger here – luckily only on my head at the mo!

Travis

no grey hair, but my nose and ears are working overtime 🙁

I still want one of those old pace square frames… pure class

Karinofnine

Huh. Wait 'til your pubes start going grey. Slighty off topic I realise. Can't type very well, on the outside of most of a bottle of Amarula.

Happy Holidays All!
    x

thwang-01
    Free Member

wish i had started going gray bloody missed gray out and went straight to white

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Grey hair’ is closed to new replies.