Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Great Spanish MotoGP
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Mad mad race almost as mad as Simoncellis hair 😀

5thElefant
    Free Member

Who’d have thought that Stoner would crash because of the Ducati front end again?

RustySpanner

Anyone know if I can watch this on line anywhere?
    Ta.

billysugger
    Free Member

bbc iplayer. Wrong tyres always make for good fun

stephen131
    Free Member

What a crazy race! cant belive Stoner’s comment to Rossi, 9 times world champion = plenty talent to me, I like casey but wish he would keep his trap shut when things dont go his way.

funkynick

stephen… I think he might have been taking the mickey out of VR somehow…

But a fantastic race… Rossi was amazing coming through the pack like that, obviously before his little faux pas!

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s a common saying. He’s just not a natural born comedian.

thepurist

Were you guys watching the same race as me? If that had been an F1 race you’d all have been on here slating it for the lack of overtaking, the huge gaps between cars for most of it and the fact that supposedly the best drivers in the world can’t hold it together when it’s wet. But oh no, this is MotoGP so that was ‘fantastic’. Right.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

More overtaking than any FI race for a long time.

thepurist

There will always be more overtaking in bike racing than car racing – bikes are iddy biddy skinny little things whereas cars are about 6 feet wide, so it’s harder to defend a position on a bike and you don’t need to go as far off line to pass. I should perhaps have said lack of competitive passing – most of the time it was just Rossi whazzing past someone who was clearly slower, with little or no effort from the passed rider to keep him behind. Yawn.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I cant believe some of the comments, how can you say its easy to pass on a bike? I presume there are a few non motorbike riders or even better, non bike racers!!!

If you’ve ever experienced motorbike racing then you’ll know full well how hard it is to pass. On about tiny little things, yes they are smaller but youc ant just change lines like with a car. Everything that happens is more fluid when you on a bike. You have to think in ‘arcs’ as thats the only way a bike will turn.

Anyway, cracking GP race as per usual. Thought Stoner was quite magnanimus in his little speech to Vale. I think if the tides were turned then Rossi wouldnt have been the same. He would have been slating him for an idiotic pass. Which in all fairness considering he was 50yards back at the start of the straight just shows that even the great one can make errors in judgement.

Anyway, cracking result for the Brits over the weekend, gutted for Scott redding but Bradders did aawesome for his 2nd Moto 2 race and for Danny Kent and taylor Mackenzie to get 4th and 5th was awesome!!!!

Pigface
    Free Member

Spies battling Pedrosa was one of best bits of racing I have seen in ages.

neilforrow

thepurist

no overtakes – take rossie for example, started 12th got up to 2/3rd, binned it, down to 15th then finished 5th.

people coming off everywhere…

Ben Spies battling with Pedrosa, Edwards did well only to bin it…

yer carp race. you would make a great presenter.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Edwards did well only to bin it…

I think his engine packed up…..

neilforrow

I think his engine packed up…..

yep, my mistake…

hels
    Free Member

I want to know how/what substance it took to calm Stoner down. He was laughing at Rossi in the (obviously very staged for the press) chat they had afterwards. I guess that’s racing, and all that.

salad_dodger

Stoner being magnaminous?! I think not. What he actually said to Rossi was “Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent”.

mrblobby
    Free Member

“Obviously your ambition outweighed your talent”.

Typical rider banter I reckon, of which Rossi is usually the master. I’m sure he was equally complimentary about Elias’s riding when the same thing happened between Elias and Rossi a few years back.

yer carp race. you would make a great presenter.

Better than those two muppets on the BBC anyway. Actually Parish is ok, just can’t stand Charlie Cox. Unlistenable drivel.

neilforrow

Better than those two muppets on the BBC anyway. Actually Parish is ok, just can’t stand Charlie Cox. Unlistenable drivel.

thats why I watch it on eurosport…

mrblobby
    Free Member

thats why I watch it on eurosport…

Yes, happy to put up with it not being live to have Ryder and Moody commentating.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Toby and Julian are so much better than the guys on the BBC.
    Calling Marco Simoncelli “Sideshow Bob” made my day 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Great Spanish MotoGP’ is closed to new replies.