Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Graphic designers – transferring Adobe CS files from PC to Mac?
  • jackthedog
    Free Member

Going through a bit of a platfrom change here.

For the last 7 years my professional work as a graphic designer has been entirely on PC.

As a result I haven't touched a Mac for the best part of a decade. However I'm now going back to Apple and I need to know if I'll have any issues transferring my CS stuff (Illo, PS and InD specifically) from the PC.

Back when I used to use Macs cross-platforming was an utter headache, but I hear a lot of that is in the past. I can deal with font incompatibilities and different versions of CS – it's purely a question of PC to Mac migration.

grueller
    Free Member

none that I'm aware of outside font issues or older software versions on the mac, but I doubt that would be the case. PC files always have the suffix, so it's easier if anything.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You won't have any problems if using the same version – I have the Adobe suite on both my Mac and my PC laptop and never had a problem opening or editing a file (going either way).

If you have any problems, just make sure you have the correct suffix, but as grueller says, PCs automatically and (then hide) them anyway. Macs automatically add them by default but show them nowadays.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Cheers for that chaps.

I have the Adobe suite on both my Mac and my PC laptop and never had a problem opening or editing a file (going either way).

I was hoping to hear some first-hand experience like that. Puts my mind at rest no end, ta.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

(CS4 btw – I recall it was the same with CS3 before I upgraded).

🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Graphic designers – transferring Adobe CS files from PC to Mac?’ is closed to new replies.