Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Goodbye Glasgow – Hello Bristol
  • Bludgeon
    Free Member

Well my time working in Glasgow is coming to an end 🙁

Start work in Bristol in October 🙂

Can anyone recommend a mountain bike club in the Bristol area that rides evenings during the week?

TIA

Andrew.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Cheesy Riders or Bristol Mountainbike Club, that said I haven’t bumped into any of them lately, so I’m not sure how often they ride any more.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Welcome to Bristol and BRMBC! – I moved here last Oct. Loads of regular rides below + informal groups hit the trail centers or Welsh classic routes most weekends. Enduros, XC and DH. Great area Wales, Quantocks, Exmoor, dartmoor, Cotswolds all easy access via M4. 11 of us went to Afan last weekend.

Tuesday evenings.
    Meet at the North Road entrance to Leigh Woods for an 18:30 start. The needs of beginners and slower riders are the priority on Tuesdays. Faster and/or experienced riders are of course welcome, but should be prepared to ride at an appropriate pace, or form a separate group. If forming a separate group bear in mind leaders will ensure that the beginner groups are accommodated so there may not be anybody to show you the way!

Thursday evenings.
    Meet at the North Road entrance to Leigh Woods for an 18:30 start. Thursdays are generally faster rides for experienced riders. Beginners and slower riders are of course welcome, but should be prepared to form a separate group and should check that a leader is available beforehand if required to show you the way.

Saturday mornings.
    Meet at the Golf Kiosk and Café in Ashton Court for an 11:00 start. Saturday mornings are ladies’ ride, led by female members.

Sunday mornings.
    Meet at the Golf Kiosk and Café in Ashton Court for an 10:30 start. The needs of beginners and slower riders are the priority on Sundays. Faster and/or experienced riders are of course welcome, but should be prepared to ride at an appropriate pace, or form a separate group. If forming a separate group bear in mind leaders will ensure that the beginner groups are accommodated so there may not be anybody to show you the way!

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info.

I am in Bristol and hope to ride on Tuesday 19th.

I assume that my hardtail will be up to the route?

I’ll be driving down from UWE area. Is this the start location?:http://goo.gl/maps/gVKR

Regards

Andrew.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yep, North Road is the usual meeting area.

A hard tail will be fine.

digiphotoneil
    Free Member

Cool!

Thanks for posting this. I’m headed down to Bristol to start work in November.

Might have to catch a ride with you folks.

Bludgeon
    Free Member

….. and another thing, Friday is early finish.

So probably be up for a Friday afternoon ride too if anyone else is free.

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Anyone going here tonight, look out for me: Tall, bald and old
    ….. driving a blue Ford Focus

….. riding a black hardtail with green decals stickers

MrNutt
    Free Member

stickers, not decals, stickers, unless you’re american, then you’re wrong, its still stickers 😀

welcome to the west country 🙂

Bludgeon
    Free Member

😳 Stickers sound good to me…..

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Bludgeon – top tip, bring a good lock or two with you….

TooTall
    Free Member

There are more places to ride than Ashton Court / Leigh Woods!

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Do cars get broken into there? Should I worry?
    Not much in mine but that won’t necessarily stop someone breaking in for a closer look….

also, driving down from UWE – how much time should I allow for traffic?

radoggair
    Free Member

anyone else fancy joining the saturday morning ride. Sounds like my type of riding 😉

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Right….. SatNav got me lost on Tuesday.

Anyone riding tonight?

I’ll be leaving work early so I can be there by 6:30

Rupert
    Free Member

Good bunch of guys ride out in Dursley / North Nibley area off J13 and 14 of M5 20min north of Brizl.

Weds ride are a given and there’s always guys out other nights; meet in The Spot Dursley for “refreshments” after.

Early rides on a Friday and regular trips to Brecon, Afan etc

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Hoping to have an early afternoon ride from North Nibley on Friday 5th November if anyone is out. Early being 1pm ish

Planning on riding one of these: Wotton-under-Edge

Either easy or medium route.

rp16v
    Free Member

well you wont regret it bristol is a great area for riding as there is so many places to play im with bmbc and out most sundays and some tuesdays on a ss hardtail and so a geard h/t one will be plenty.
    if u do decide to leave your bike anywhare then a fully decent lock is advisable as there little basterds down these parts.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Just to make it clear, it is permissible to ride a FS or geared bike on a tuesday in Bristol.

rp16v
    Free Member

lol ride whatever takes your fancy most of our guys have around 2-3 rigs of diffrent types

Edric64
    Free Member

2-3 rigs

oil and gas what does the third rig drill for?

rp16v
    Free Member

grip at the bottom of the bloody great big puddles 😆

Edric64
    Free Member

lol 😀

spokebloke
    Free Member

Hoping to have an early afternoon ride from North Nibley on Friday 5th November if anyone is out. Early being 1pm ish

Planning on riding one of these: Wotton-under-Edge

Either easy or medium route.

This is my local. Might join you if that’s OK?

zomersetglider

Bludgeon, often ride up to A.C. L.W from Fishponds on the Bristol-Bath cycle path and through the city. To be honest it probably takes me longer to drive up there @ busy times!

Let us know if you want to come along, it’s about a three hour loop incorparating the best bits of A.C/Leigh wds…..I see you are in the UWE area so your not far from me.

thekingofsweden

Brizool riders are so friendly :-))

clubber
    Free Member

It’s because we eat new riders 😉

rp16v
    Free Member

must be somthing in the mud and the sheer amount of fun u can have in it 😈

Bludgeon
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies…..

SpokeBloke – I would be good to have company and someone that knows the way. Where shall we meet?

zomersetglider – That sounds like a good idea…. I think we’ve already met. [You ride an orange (coloured) harttail?] Last night and a few Thursdays ago. Is there car parking near the start?

zomersetglider

Bludgeon, no man we haven’t met….i’ve been riding an Orange (not colour) green (colour) hardtail 😀

Anyway drop me an email if you fancy going over.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Bludgeon – I can make it at about 1.30.
    How long do you want to ride (I’m hoping to get 2 hours in)?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye Glasgow – Hello Bristol’ is closed to new replies.