Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • good SIM-only deals for iphone
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone know a decent SIM-only deal I can use with an iphone. Looking for 300-600 minutes and email access, but won’t be going mad on the internet. O2 say £27 for 600 mins and internet – seems steep for SIM only, but I haven’t got a clue really. Ta.

montylikesbeer

I’m on O2 @ £30.00 per month for 900 mins talk and 100MB of data sim only.

z1ppy

I’m using the £10 goody bags (250 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts and unlimited mobile Internet) from GiffGaff as it was about the best I could find a while back (alternative was utility warehouse and I just decided they looked far too dodgy).
    Rolling monthly contract which you renew or not at the end of the month, been some issues, like my iphone voicemail button no longer work but they have an “app” (web page diversion) to get round stuff like this.
    Otherwise the service is the same as my previous O2 contract… as they use (are) the 02 service (I’ve been with em around 6 months & see no reason to change).
    £15 goody bag will give you 400 UK minutes, unlimited UK texts and unlimited mobile Internet.

If you do go for it, “z1ppy” is my name as a referrer.. I get bugger all (or did when the g/f joined up)

alfabus
    Free Member

giffgaff – £10 per month for 250mins, unlimited texts and unlimited data
    http://giffgaff.com/goodybags/10pound-facebook-goodybag
    or £15 per month for the same, but 400mins.

Dave

edit: dammit, too slow!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Have look at Tesco Mobile, their SIM only deals look reasonable. Use the O2 network IIRC.

timmys

£15 SIM only month-to-month rolling contract with Three. You’d have to look up the allowances, all I know they are enough for me (think it’s 1Gb data anyway). Crucially they don’t charge you extra for tethering (“personal hotspot”) which is what swung it for me.

EDIT. 300 minutes, 3000 texts it seems. You can get the same for £10 a month if you are happy to sign a 12 month contract.
    http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_Monthly/SIM_Only

vrapan
    Free Member

GiffGaff is good but I think they do not allow tethering which is a bummer as my phone spends about as much time being a phone as it does being a modem for my macbook pro.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

£20 a month with vodaphone gets you 600m 3000txt 250mb.

Whats the matter with your currant tariff ?

Farmer_John
    Free Member

o2 still have the smallest 3g coverage area as the recent crowd sourced maps from the BBC show.

If you head for T-Mobile you’ll find their 3G coverage is almost as good as 3’s due to their network sharing joint venture. You still have backup of 2G on T-mobile and free roaming on Orange in the areas where T-Mobile hasn’t got 2G coverage.

In practice this means you pretty much get coverage everywhere – I’ve noticed that in many places my iPhone has coverage on T-Mobile or Orange whereas Mrs FJ and I’s work blackberries (on o2 and Voda) don’t have any signal at all – in 10 months I’ve yet to find a place where the converse is true.

If you fancy t-mobile you could sign up via http://www.topcashback.co.uk to get £30 cashback on a tariff at e2save – select the deal below to get 600 minutes a month and unlimited web for 99p a month with cashback and just throw away the phone:

e2save cheapest deal

The effective cost of this over 18 months is (18 x .99p) less the £30 cashback from TopCashback, so -£12.18 in total.

Not sure anyone on this thread will manage to top you actually getting paid £12.18!

sambob
    Free Member

GiffGaff ftw.

shindiggy
    Free Member

£20 with Virgin, 3000 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited Data.

tang
    Free Member

Vodafone or 3 via quidco for a good cashback deal

rudedog
    Free Member

cheers for the gifgaf heads up, just ordered a free sim – cracking deals.

simon_g

Giffgaff is doing great for me – halved my (already low) bill and still have more minutes, texts and data than I can possibly use.

speshspenner
    Free Member

Talk mobile(Vodaphone network)200 mins 500texts and 500mb for £8 month on a 1 month rolling contract….talk mobile simple

granny_ring

Farmer John, any catches with that deal?

Only thing I can think of is forgetting to send bills in on time for cash back?

jeff

£15.50 on O2 with 600mins and 500Mb – recent upgrade signed 12 month contract.

Conqueror
    Free Member

gifgaf looks insane..

how does the internet/data allowance work.. if you pay another 10 pounds every month 1 day before the month is up (month interms of your last payment date)… does that mean you are able use it unlimited permanently

Conqueror
    Free Member

shameful bumping of previous post 😀

z1ppy

Conqueror.. so far yes (6 or so months in), not that I use 3g huge amounts but it used to suggest they may stop it but not happened so far. I’d suggest you check out the giffgaff forums for more info

andyl
    Free Member

Some good cashback offers at Vodafone from Topcashback – up to £116 on some of the 12 month sim only contracts. Brings them down by £10 a month basically!

Referral link: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/member21683511859

andyl
    Free Member

best deal I could find was

900 minutes
    3000 texts
    500mb internet
    750mb BT wifi
    25mb a day in some European countries (useful if you go abroad to big cities)

£26 a month before cashback (£16 a month)

Or the cheaper £15.50 one with 300 minutes, 3k texts and 250mb works out at under £10 a month with £70 cashback.

gaberin
    Free Member

Giffgaff

widge34
    Free Member

+1 Giffgaff

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘good SIM-only deals for iphone’ is closed to new replies.