Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Good curry recipe for this weekend.
  • duckman

Fancy trying something I have not done before, any recipes? I like to make my own pastes etc, so am willing to give something that will take a bit of time a go.Thanks

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Send me your email and I will mail you one I was given when doing a curry cookery course – simple curry with rice and a side but it is amazing.

mefty
    Free Member

Did Rick Stein's Sri Lankan Turkey Curry twice after Christmas, recipe on BBC website. Very well received by everyone who had it. You make up a lot of curry powder the considerable remains of which I will be experimenting with in the near future. You will be wanting to buy big bags of spices not those little jars in the Supermarkets though as the quantitites are large.

carlosg
    Free Member

buy this book it's that good that we're on our 2nd copy (due to wear) and have another spare.

duckman

Mastiles;

cardonaldrs@carnoustiehigh.angus.sch.uk

jimmy

if you like saag curries i really recommend Madhur Jaffrey's. It is sublime.

london_lady
    Free Member

The SO has been working his way through the Anjum Anand book and we both rather like the goan fish curry

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/recipes/goan-fish-curry-1488541.html

duckman

Thanks folks,Mastiles that looks lush.Lowey joined! Almost too much choice.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member
    gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

yes, gee-jay is spot on. i really like making my own curries and tried harjinders basic chicken curry one the other day (its based upon a simple tomato based tarka marsala sauce) and have to say as a quick fix curry its a gem.

these guys also do some nice mixes… chimans

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I made the chicken curry, that was great. I failed with the Pakoras though, too much moisture in them & then tried to do in a frying pan rather than a deep fat fryer… but I am learning 🙂

tiggs121
    Free Member

Duckman – why not nip along to the Home Ecc dept and ask them to show you how to make a decent curry? They should know…………..shouldn't they??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Good curry recipe for this weekend.’ is closed to new replies.