Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Glentress Conditions?
  • geordiepaul
    Free Member

Anyone in the area? What are the conditions like?
    Planning to go up on Sunday, I've seen a blog about the conditions on Tuesday and they didn't looks good, however the weather is much warmer down here just wondered if that had filtered through to the borders.

Thanks

DickBarton

What blog? Was thinking of heading down on Saturday for a spin…was thinking it was going to be rather snow/ice-bound…

Stu
    ivnickkate
    Free Member

We tried Spooky Wood last night, very snow-covered, probably 60% walking, 40% riding on the climb, and the descent was not much better. Most trails lower than that are rideable[ish].

househusband

Aww crap.

Was hoping to go to Innerleithen over the weekend.

whyter

The uplift is off at Innerleithen this weekend cos of snow on the fireroads – no idea about the actual trails though.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Slight hijack: anyone know what Ae is like atm?

househusband

The uplift is off at Innerleithen this weekend cos of snow on the fireroads – no idea about the actual trails though.

Was considering using the trails to get to the top and then carrying along to The Three Brethren, and pick up the trails down into Yair Forest. Guess that might be out of the question.

coogan
    Free Member

Innerleithen last sunday pretty much unridable. Rode first part of first climb in the trees then had to push to the first fireroad. Then pushed along fireroad and back down Caddon Bank. Snow was falling and a good 8"+ or so deep. 😐

geordiepaul
    Free Member

It's got to be getting better now though?
    It's a good 7 degrees here in Newcastle

robgarrioch

Probably not worth it Paul – overnight temps. are freezing or below & the deeper snow just aint thawing, on the Pentlands anyway (20 or so miles from GT). I'd really hoped to go down Inners this weekend from Edinburgh but aint bothering; there'd be a LOT of pushing / hike-a-bike.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was sent some pics from Falla Brae this morning and it looks quite clear. I am hoping so anyway as I have a 6 hour drive up there tonight for the demo day tomorrow.

ExotericApparel
    Free Member

Hope it's better tomorrow as there's a demo day on

(A very underpublicised demo day it would seem)

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I'm heading to GT tomorrow snow or no snow. The other halfs parents live down there so i'd rather push my bike up hill for 4 hours than sit and make small talk with her parents.

Trekster

kenneththecurtain – Member
    Slight hijack: anyone know what Ae is like atm?

Give Steve a call http://www.ae7.co.uk/
    Mabie last night had a little snow on the bits that the sun does not get to but was still crunchy and rideable. Snow all gone on the hills surrounding Dumfries.
    Explains why there seems to be a lot of DH style bikes around Ae atm

ChrisL

The current plan seems to be to have the demo HQ at the Hub and make the Dougie Bank up then Falla Brae/Good Game down the demo course. The trails further up the hill than these are still under snow, unless that's changed in the past couple of days.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Exoteric Apparel – Member

I am hoping it is sunny there tomorrow as I have a 6 hour drive after work tonight with a van load of bikes for the demo day.

These are the pics from Glentress I was sent this morning –

AlteredCarbon
    Free Member

I'm planing to head to the demo day on Saturday – looking forward to it! I wasn't planning to take my own bike but not sure how the demand will be for the demo bikes (seeing as you can't book one).

Ceebug
    Free Member

There's a good site which gives a specific weather report for Glentress and the Tweed valley:

null

Northwind

"I wasn't planning to take my own bike but not sure how the demand will be for the demo bikes (seeing as you can't book one)."

I'm guessing less than it would be if they'd advertised it, or if the whole place wasn't buried in snow :mrgreen: Falla Brae's a mint test track though, not as much variety as you get when they run out of the buzzard's nest but I can think of worse things to do than spending half a day riding down it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Glentress Conditions?’ is closed to new replies.