Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Giro d Italia (Contains Spoiler)
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

WTF totally not Cav’s fault that guy Roberto Ferrari moved over without checking anyone’s position Cav did not deviate from his line.

higthepig
    Free Member

Ooch, that must smart.

Popocatapetl

Looks like poor Tyler Farrars’ Giro is over 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmo
    Free Member

no more Phinney i am guessing,

crikey
    Free Member

Taylor Phinney, not Tyler.

redfordrider
    Free Member

Nasty crash – good skills by the rider who tried to bunny hop Cav rolling on the deck.

Popocatapetl

Doh 😳

tollah
    Free Member

Ouch, that’s going up be sticky tonight.

brakes
    Free Member

What did Ferrari think he was doing?
    He should get penalised for that, properly dangerous.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Nasty. There’ll be a few aches & pains for the next few days.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Love the bunny hop over cav.

brakes
    Free Member

Hopefully angry-cav will be back, instead or PR-cav

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Cav’s feelings should be known on his twitter feed later 😆

tracknicko
    Free Member

bunny hop was immense.

always horrifc when one of the front group go down at that speed. you think the other lads will get through, but inevitably they all go down like a sack of shit.

sad for Taylor, seemed to be going well for the young lad.

Lifer
    Free Member

I thought you had to hold your line in the sprint for precisely that reason? At least he got back up, unlike Phinney, poor chap.

EDIT:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kV0t-qcxmw[/video]

3 mins in

Tom-B
    Free Member

Phinney eventually scraped himself off the tarmac and made the podium for the Pink Jersey presentation…..ice pack on his ankle but at least it doesn’t seem to be broken. Very stupid move by Ferrari.

Pro Cyclists are proper nutters!!!!

blades2000
    Free Member

from Geraint Thomas on Twitter
    “You can get suspended in football for a 2 footed challenge,or a spear tackle in rugby. Kick Ferrari out Giro for crashing 10guys at 60kph!!!”

Lifer
    Free Member

Tom B – Member
    Phinney eventually scraped himself off the tarmac and made the podium for the Pink Jersey presentation…..ice pack on his ankle but at least it doesn’t seem to be broken

Glad to hear it

GregMay
    Free Member

Ooofff. That was a nasty, pointless crash.

Well done to Goss though, good finish

tracknicko
    Free Member

just shows sportspersons should stay away from twitter…

brakes
    Free Member

David Millar:
    “What’s crazy about Ferraridiot is that it will be a surprise if the UCI throw him out of the race”

might be a bit harsh, but he deffo needs penalising

just shows sportspersons should stay away from twitter…

why?

tracknicko
    Free Member

think he does need penalising yes,

but twittering about throwing him out of the tour is tantamount to running up to the ref in a footy match and begging for someone to be shown a red card.

not your decision lads. have some grace.

Lifer
    Free Member

tracknicko – Member
    but twittering about throwing him out of the tour is tantamount to running up to the ref in a footy match and begging for someone to be shown a red card.

It’s really not.

If they went up to the officials at the finish line and got all up in their grills, that would be tantamount to running up to the ref.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Ferrari relegated to last on the stage….think he finished 9th? An Italian sprinter was never really going to get booted off the race before it had reached Italy though. Stage 4 is a TTT but expect him to cop some abuse in the peloton on stage 5!

headfirst
    Free Member

I agree with G, if I didn’t know better I’d say ferrari deliberately caused that crash! There was plenty of space for him to go left and instead he cuts across to the right, going way off his line. Absolutely inexcusable.

Relieved to see Cav up and about after that. Hope Phinney is fit to keep going

tracknicko
    Free Member

It’s really not.

If they went up to the officials at the finish line and got all up in their grills, that would be tantamount to running up to the ref.

good old singletrack. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Lifer
    Free Member

No problem petal.

franksinatra

The guy who bunnyhopped over Cav deserves a medal, incredible reactions!

matt23
    Free Member

Awesome bunny hop to avoid Cav on the floor! Would not like to be Ferrari in the peloton on the next stage!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

He should’ve been thrown out of the race, Renshaw got booted out of tour for a “head butt” which would’ve had no power or muscle behind it! Ferrari WOULD have known that riders were behind him and that he was clearly deviating from the sprint line as he realised he had boxed in. Muppet.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Now now, play nicely please 🙂

Back to the Giro and todays sprint, do we think that Cav would have come around Goss had he not been taken down? Touch and go I’d say as he was a little way down although he hadn’t really propely opened up before he was brought down.

Lifer
    Free Member

Hard to tell, I reckon he was making ground but not sure if he’d left it too late.

headfirst
    Free Member

The thing is he wasn’t boxed in. The overhead shot shows plenty of clear road on his immediate left and in front to the left. No need to dive to the right.

He=ferrari

brakes
    Free Member

I don’t think he would, if you watch him he goes out into the open to open up, then decides to tuck back in as if it’s too much and he needs to get in the slipstream. he was exposed for a lot of the last km without a leadout man which will have unnerved him.
    it was a tricky last 5km with losts of tight bends which stretched out the peleton and there was quite a bit of argy-bargy in the front group.
    proper racing 😀

tracknicko
    Free Member

think cav had it in the bag, he backs off a tiny bit as they start mucking about, and naturally pulls up seconds before the take out, but if you look at him just before that it looks like goss is slowing just as cav is winding up.

brakes
    Free Member

guess we’ll never know!

tracknicko
    Free Member

true dat.

i should caveat that i’m not cav’s biggest fan. was actually fairly surprised when it wasn’t him that had caused the pile up!

still reckon he had this one though.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Cav’s tweeted that Ferrai said to the press that he can’t see what happens behind him and doesn’t care 😯 Harry Hill fight!

mogrim

I agree with G, if I didn’t know better I’d say ferrari deliberately caused that crash!

Don’t think anyone would be stupid enough to try and cause a crash using their bike – pushing, maybe, but with their bike? He’s an idiot, just a shame he didn’t go down too.

headfirst
    Free Member

mogrim: hence the ‘if I didn’t know better’ bit…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Giro d Italia (Contains Spoiler)’ is closed to new replies.