Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Giant Anthem – who has one?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

If so whats the spec? what do you think? what does it excel at?

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

bill gates has one

racing_ralph
    Free Member

What length forks can be run on it? <120mm at a guess?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    islander

Got one of the old models with 100mm fork replacing original 80mm. Bike is fantastic for what I want of it. Climbs like it is being towed up the hills with incredible traction. Makes you want to ride fast everywhere somehow. Been used on all sorts of terain and events with no dramas. Probably better bikes for certain things but its pretty good at everything. 2 year old and been used in all weathers in all conditions and only replaced a rear shock bushing. Got a 2010 Anthem X on order.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Yep, '09 Anthem advanced.
    full carbon frame, XT right through, fox rp23 rr, Float 80mm front.
    Awesome xc race bike. Bit twitchy, but sorts it out by fitting a 100mm fork if you're that way inclined.
    Anthem X has touch more travel & slacker head angle to start with.
    What do I think? Best xc bike I've ever ridden.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

so anthem 100mm and anthem x 120mm?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Anthem 3.5" rear, Anthem X 4".
    They're designed to be proper xc race bikes, the trance x is more general useage with 5" travel

jay_tht
    Free Member

Have a o7 anthem great bike and not shy to do drops on it. Flys up hill and singletrack it just goes. Then on the downs it turns in to a mini downhill bike.

jemima
    Free Member

I've just bought a 2009 X3 which I'm quite excited about. Can anybody tell me what the seatpost diameter is please so I know if my Thomson post will fit? Ta.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

30.9mm

jemima
    Free Member

thanks!

vrapan
    Free Member

Built a 2010 Anthem X frame, currently has still some Recon 85-130mm forks. Very nice at 100mm and brilliant for a bit more demanding stuff at 120mm.

I prefer it with a shorter stem.

Ask what you want to know but I absolutely love mine.

DSB
    Free Member

fastest, nicest xc bike i have ridden/tested… climbs like a whippet and very very fast…running stock forks but i do descend like a fairy 😉

da dah…

full xtr, now running CK hubs on ZTR olympic with RR's, 90mm stem, with syncros bulk carbon riser bars.

😀

llamafarmer
    Free Member

I've got an upgraded 09 X2 (Formula Oros and full XT drivetrain), it goes like stink up and down hill, but is most impressive on flowing singletrack, where it's an absolute missile. Best bike I've ever ridden and far more of an all rounder than you'd think.

Bream
    Free Member

Love my 08 Advanced, perfect for my area of riding and racing :mrgreen:

Been thinking about buying a 2010 but just can't justify the cash seeing as it still rides so well.

s.p.adshead
    Free Member

'09 Anthem X, 120mm up front.

Can't beat it – best bike i've ever ridden.

smurf
    Free Member

Just finished building up a X1 frame with SID team forks, X0, XTR, etc etc.

Not had chance to ride it "properly" yet. My wife has a small X1 with a few upgrades.

Nice bikes from what I've read and experienced so far – few test rides round the local park.

Interested to see how mine compares to my mojo

smurf

Nezbo
    Free Member

I have a 2009 Anthem X0 as standerd. Great bike and i live it.

Goes great uphills and, can hold it's own down hill as well 🙂 even is good on the road. best all round bike i have had.

EVERY ONE SHOULD GET ONE 🙂

stylish
    Free Member

Anthem x, Md 100 fork, Thompson post and stem, hope brakes and mix of Xt/Xtr easton monkey lite bars, Ztr 355 wheels, probably the best thing i have ever bought, mind you the wife didnt think so……………..

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

yep me to, i have a 2010 anthem frameset built up with full xtr and other nice bits, photos on my account if you want to look.

Dasha
    Free Member

I've got the 07 Anthem Advanced great bike that I run with the original spec' 80mm forks. It is an arse up, head down racer though. I'm thinking of replacing it with the new xx equiped X, but have got to convince myself it's a justifiable purchase.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem – who has one?’ is closed to new replies.