Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • GENERAL ELECTION
  • konabunny
    Free Member

I supposrt it fully. What is not good is letting anyone come and live here without knowing if they can contribute, whether they qualify to live here.

Be more specific.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Be more specific.

I’ll be more specific. Let’s not have an open door policy which allows anyone who wishes to come in, to do so – as is the case with the EU freedom of movement policy. Let’s have controlled immigration which is both fair and sensible. If foreign workers are to be allowed to enter the UK, then lets offer first priority to citizens of the Commonwealth countries, not to citizens of the EU. We have considerably more moral obligation to them. Putting Lithuanians and Poles to whom we owe no extra favours to, before Indians and Nigerians, stinks of racism imo.

kimbers

everyone who fears a multi-cultural britain the bnp and ukip supporters have very little grasp of who they are
    ie 50th generation roman, 75th gen french, viking, saxon, celtic etc etc our maths and sciences are based on roman/greek/european/asian/african works, agriculture from the middle east and oh yeah your great **** great grandparents from the rift valley ethiopia; the original immigrants
    history lesson over now open your eyes….
    the poles that pick your veg or put up your new wall, the doctors/porters/nurses/cleaners in every hospital from 5 continents that keep the nhs running, the antipodeans who pull your pints,
    and then go to your local curry house, thai, chinese, italian, carribean restaraunts etc
    or listen to any form of music rock, blues, dance, rap, and say its a product of the mythical white anglo saxon cultural forefather

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t think most people fear a multicultural society kimbers. On the contrary, most people celebrate it. And quite rightly so. What bothers a lot of people is the thought of an open door policy of uncontrolled immigration. Sadly this government has cynically exploited desperate and poor foreigners as a source of cheap labour for profit hungry companies who couldn’t give a toss about Britain or the plight of the ordinary British people (black and white) The BNP is obviously not the answer, because racism and fascism never is.

konabunny
    Free Member

We have considerably more moral obligation to them. Putting Lithuanians and Poles to whom we owe no extra favours to, before Indians and Nigerians, stinks of racism imo.

The EU is not a moral project.

konabunny
    Free Member

But thanks at least for not hiding behind weasel words that could mean anything to anyone.

kimbers

i reckon we should double the minimum wage
    and maybe freeze/cut benefits
    that should get a lot of the lazy job shy 3rd generation gyro cashers away from jeremy kyle
    would also mean that we didnt need to import huge numbers of foreign workers to do the jobs we dont want
    obviously would require tax breaks for small businesses to heklp pay their staff
    and tax the higher paid more (and before people whinge you cant have a scandanavian level of services with an american level of taxation)

mudshark
    Free Member

i reckon we should double the minimum wage
    and maybe freeze/cut benefits
    that should get a lot of the lazy job shy 3rd generation gyro cashers away from jeremy kyle
    would also mean that we didnt need to import huge numbers of foreign workers to do the jobs we dont want

I’m not quite sure what would happen to those ‘3rd generation gyro cashers’ if their benefits were cut – a lot of education would be needed to make most of them employable anyway.

I do find it incredible that people are allowed to claim benefits and turn down jobs such as crop collecting. Certainly as they are allowed to do that we need those from poorer countries were are happy to do that work. As for doubling minimum wage – well most farmers wouldn’t be able to afford that as need to be competitive with imports.

konabunny
    Free Member

TBF, tax in the US varies from very low (states with no income tax) to just as high/higher as the UK (NE states).

kimbers

sales income tax maybe lower but fuel and others are still much lower

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The EU is not a moral project.

That, dear konabunny, is self evident.

If only more people would realise that.

Then perhaps, they might also realise that capitalism itself isn’t a moral project.

It’s about profit – it’s not about people…….. So stop whingeing.

But thanks at least for not hiding behind weasel words

I’ve always believed if you can’t be honest and straightforward in your answers when asked your views and opinions, then it’s time to change your views and opinions.

I’m still waiting for a straightforward answer from Oxboy to my straightforward question, concerning his views and opinions on whether non-British born and/or non-white forum users should vote BNP.

Do you think I’ll get one ?

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘GENERAL ELECTION’ is closed to new replies.