Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Garmin Edge 800 Won't Connect
  • rottwieler
    Free Member

My edge 800 will not connect to any computer, i have downloaded new communicator & new usb drivers etc..

I have googled this and have tried holding the reset button when connecting, i am using Garmin own 8″ cable that came with the unit.

Does anyone have any ideas??

singletracksurfer

no, I have the same problem 🙁

cp

do you have a firewall installed on the computer?

EDIT – could be worth turning it off whilst connecting the 800 to see if thats the issue.

rottwieler
    Free Member

no my old unit worked fine used to just connect to computer and there it was this one is the new 2.2 version and wont connect at all

rottwieler
    Free Member

just managed to connect just left it plugged in charging and then turned it on and it just connect so am updating software again so hope it will be ok now

stevenieve
    Free Member

Happened a few times to me.
    Held the lap/reset button in on unit before turning off to clear the activity.
    Always connected Garmin to computer with Garmin’s power off.

aP
    Free Member

Mine won’t always connect first time so I just unplug it and replug and then it does. It’s mildly annoying but still works.

singletracksurfer

aha great, thanks. I will try those tips with mine later too 🙂

thekingofsweden

I found my 705 was fine then once updated it wouldn’t connect !

So i plugged it in to charge it with the wall charger next time i tried all working fine.

I had a similar thing with an ipod nano did the same thing and that worked too.

Have you googled Frank Kinlan he seems to be up to speed on garmin

wwaswas

as above, I found charging my 305 from the wall adapter soted it out once – it couldn;t cope with being connected to the pc with a flat battery in it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge 800 Won't Connect’ is closed to new replies.