Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Garden Shed – Easy Option
  • KonaTC

Looking at getting a shed for the bikes and paraphernalia, could go down the build it route but in B&Q today I saw theses

Keter Fortis Resin Shed

Not sure about what ground works required but they seems an easy option

Does any of the STW’er have experience of plastic sheds?

bigG
    Free Member

I’ve got a slightly smaller version of that, absolute schoosh to build. Did 99% of it myself, only needed a hand to put the windows in.

I levelled the ground and shoved some spare sand down that I had lying around to form a flat footing.

It’s wind and watertight, don’t see what’s not to like about them

G

mikertroid
    Free Member

Finally moved and rebuilt my shiplap shed today. Bought, dug and laid sand and slab foundations in one day. Managed to do it all solo but feeling a bit fatigued now; the foundations alone weighed 1.2 tonnes.

Will take an hour to sort the felt tomorrow am and then it’s time to ride!

Simples!

project
    Free Member

Youre going to put your bike in a sandwich box, i wouldnt even keep a copy of Tony Bliars book in one, not that anyone would want to nick it so easily.

Kevevs
    Free Member

you’re kidding right? £900 for that?

jd-boy
    Free Member

You could get a proper wooden one for half that price, look a dam site nicer to. But i still would not keep my bike in it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

£900 for something I could break into with a lighter or certainlya blow torch.
    You can get decent wooden ones for that price and there will be little difference in instalation time /skill.
    It cannot be that secure I would rather just throw a tarp over my bike and then but abike for £890 than pay £900 for that

RustyMac

try this place

tiger sheds

tinribz
    Free Member

How much! For that price i’d be looking at shipping containers and have cash left over to clad it.

Or buy a big wooden one, put up some stud walling and re-inforce it on the insides. Or get an Asgard bike store to put in there.

Routeunknown
    Free Member

Exactly the same Keter shed was in Costco’s today for £499 + VAT (£599).

Seemed very sturdy and fit for task to me.

Kevevs
    Free Member

my dad got a quality wood shed made to spec.for £400ish..
    http://www.gwyneddgardenbuildings.co.uk/page7.html

must be some place similar in your area?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Garden Shed – Easy Option’ is closed to new replies.