Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Gaah – help please, HTC phone problems – malware or similar…
  • My HTC Desire seems to have picked up some random navigation app/program that just keeps popping up and then telling me I need to buy maps.

I have no idea how to get rid and it’s driving me mad – it’s not the standard Nav App that comes on the phone.

Oh and seemingly at the same time – everytime I make or receive a call now the phone goes automatically to loudspeaker.

druidh
    Free Member

Go through your apps list and uninstall whatever the offending app is?

I had that problem with the speakerphone too – as if it was thinking I’d selected speakerphone as default. I just “de-selected” it one time and it stopped happening ❓

bruneep

Uninstall.

Menu> settings> applications> manage applications

It could be argued that I actually am a total fool, however I beg to differ 😉 Nothing visible as an App that I can see to delete…

bruneep

What apps are running then, fool? 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

car panel active?

bruneep – CBA to list them as there are a few, but the only related/suspect one is Maps – killing this doesn’t help.

cruz – no mate, it isn’t.

druidh
    Free Member

Could be something running in a browser?

Surely there’s some more information on the panel that keeps popping up?

It just masquerades as a sat-nav type thingy, but when it’s not asking me to buy stuff and the rare occassion I access it’s actual control panel, none of the buttons lead me to anything I can use to beat it.

Only clue is that it says at the bottom ‘Powered by route 66’

rob-jackson
    Free Member

“route 66” is the software that htc use as sat nav – like tomtom

stumpy01

There is a genuine nav app called Route 66 for Android from the quick search I just did….

druidh
    Free Member

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/25/route-66-maps-navigation-now-available-for-android-users-augm/

You must have it installed at some point. My HTC just uses Google Maps.

Sure it’s not showing in the apps list?

Settings….Applications….Manage Applications

Yeah, sure – thought I’d seen Route 66 before on my phone – never actually use the Navigation App. Maybe it’s just the phone throwing a hissy fit.

Actually in the last couple of minutes I’ve both cleared the notifications from my notifications bar and re-started Juice Defender that seemed to have stopped and fingers crossed it hasn’t popped up yet.

tails
    Free Member

oh oh oh! should have bought an iphone!!! IGMC

For all intents and purposes it’s showing as the actual Navigation App installed on my phone (and it’s back again). I’d quite happily delete the whole thing – however it shows up in my Apps list, but when I go to delete/remove apps, they are all there, but no sign of Navigation!!!!

Grrrrrr!

bruneep

So can you see maps in Menu> settings> applications> manage applications>all

druidh
    Free Member

It’s not in the “Manage Applications” bit at all – even when you click the 3rd tab along (“All”)?

I can see Maps, but not Navigation, so I deleted Maps – it still did it.

Did a factory reset (but not SD card, as I wasnt in a position to save everything off it. It still does it – oh and maps is back!!!! Deleteing apps, obviously doesn’t mean removing all trace.

Only thing to try now is wiping the SD card.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Gaah – help please, HTC phone problems – malware or similar…’ is closed to new replies.