Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • From a Xen to a Xar
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Has anyone tried both? I have recently destroyed my Xen in a crash. A mate can get me a new helmet at trade but doesn’t have any medium Xens in, so I may have to go with a Xar: Any idea how the fitting compares between the two?

RealMan
    Free Member

It’s made by the same company so the fitting should be almost exactly the same, just a different outer design.

mikey74
    Free Member

I would have thought that too, but doesn’t the Hex fit slightly differently to the Xen?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RealMan – Member
    It’s made by the same company so the fitting should be almost exactly the same, just a different outer design.

Nope. For example, the Xen was a very different fit to an E2 (Xen was smaller overall), and I have found that the Xar is the same fit as the E2, meaning it’s a little larger overall than a Xen.

blurltrider
    Free Member

I had a small xen but had to have a medium xar.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve had Xens for years, and recently tried a Xar in a shop. I didn’t think it was quite as comfortable TBH, I have a very round head and a Xen is perfect on me.

trailmonkey

ime different giro helmets fit differently.

try before you buy.

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok I’d ignore what I said then, I just know I tried several giro helmets on and didn’t really like any of them for the same reasons.

grum
    Free Member

I have a very round head

Of course you do, in fact I’d imagine you have one of the most perfectly round heads in the country, if not the world.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Agree with the above. I don’t fit the Xen but I do the Hex. Insterad I got the Athelon which fits but not as well as the E2 and the Exodus before it.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I’ve had Xens for years, and recently tried a Xar in a shop. I didn’t think it was quite as comfortable TBH, I have a very round head and a Xen is perfect on me.

I wanted a Xen but ended up going for a Hex as I found the plastic bits of the tightening system poked into the back of my head. Anyone else found this, or have I got a weird shaped head? And is the lock system designed differently on the Xar?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Captain, that’s exactly where it got me. I was wondering if I was growing some sort of Aliens style extension on the back of my head. Glad it’s not just me.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And is the lock system designed differently on the Xar?

Yep, the new RocLoc on the Xar is a little different. Mine doesn’t dig in at all, and it’s very easy to adjust in a vertical plane as well.

Xar and E2 are almost the same in fit, IMO, as is the Athlon.

trailmonkey

i wish that the hex fitted me as well as the xen does, its certainly a whole lot cheaper.

just as a side issue, are there any (size L) xen users out there that have tried the 661 recon ? if so, how did the fit compare ?

handyman
    Free Member

Have both xen and xar, xar feels a better fit for my shaped head although i use the xen for night rides as the lower back of the xen helps to keep the helmet steady when using a head light

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Had a Zen now a Zar.Same size but a little bit more rectangle shape on the Zar rather than the more rounded shape of the Zen.A bit snugger on the sides but still fits well.Try before you buy?
    Thanx Max

rustler
    Free Member

I havent tried a Xar, but I never really got on with the Xen I had. I ended up going back to my old cheapo Giro Encinal. The latest Hex fits a treat though. Plus the Xar & new Hex get the far better Roc-loc system, the Xen doesnt. I tried on offerings from 661 & Fox & they were awful for me. You’ve got to try them on, its an expensive lesson otherwise.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

I heard no helmet in the new niche. 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ive got the Xar..

Awesome bit of kit IMHO..

I was a L in MET, but M in Giro..

So try before you buy would be my advice.. 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘From a Xen to a Xar’ is closed to new replies.