Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forrestry Commision Job Losses
  • Liftman

Just heard on the radio that the forrestry commision are laying off 150 staff in Edinburgh, i bet the descision to spend 9 million at glentress peel doesnt look so wise now !

geoffj

🙁 Not good, but not exactly unexpected.

mAx_hEadSet

Most of the Money for Glentress will be from Economic Regeneration and European Regional Development Fund which they could not have used for anything else and had they not have spent it it might have been used to build more business parks to stand empty and a new bypass to serve them. Staf costs are an inevitable fatality caused by the Tories head count for budget cuts

druidh
    Free Member

The 150 staff being laid off in Edinburgh are all connected to the FC south of the Border, not the FCS. So, the Peel development is irrelevant.

warton
    Free Member

wasn’t there a vote in parliament regarding the sell off of FC land? can’t see anything about what the result was?

CaptJon
    Free Member

The motion was defeated. Don’t you listen to Today at Westminster before you go to sleep? 🙄

warton
    Free Member

Was it? excellent, I thought there would of been more news about it

druidh
    Free Member

A Labour motion, calling on the government to rethink its plans was defeated by 310 votes to 260, a majority of 50. A government amendment backing the consultation was passed by 301 votes to 253, a majority of 48.

So – it carries on.

warton
    Free Member

aah, I see…

Trekster

Liftman – Member
    Just heard on the radio that the forrestry commision are laying off 150 staff in Edinburgh, i bet the descision to spend 9 million at glentress peel doesnt look so wise now !

It is not only FCS, all government departments and councils are letting people go. My wife is a civil servant(Scottish gov) and had the opportunity. Mates wife finishes next month from a civilian police post which will probably be backfilled by a “retiring” policeman.

duntmatter
    Free Member

I read that the FC is going to have to grow to cope with the extra burden of having to regulate a large number of owners of fragmented forest.

project
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forrestry Commision Job Losses’ is closed to new replies.