Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Formula 'The One' brakes.
  • Kramer
    Free Member

I've recently upgraded my brakes from XT 203mmF/180mmR to Formula 'The One's 180mm F&R.

I'm gobsmacked by how strong they are, as well as being very controllable, in comparison to the XTs – which were by no means a bad brake. The picture may be blurred slightly by the fact that I've fitted Goodridge Hoses, but nonetheless they really are something else, it feels like you've hit a wall whenever you use them, and true one finger braking as well. To top it all, I think that they're lighter than the XTs as well.

As you can guess, I'm really chuffed with these brakes, only downsides being that they're a bit spendy, and the original ceramic pads only lasted two rides in the Dales and Peaks.

Ewan
    Free Member

If you take them to the alps, be careful with the heat. They don't like it.

Digger90
    Free Member

???

Mine got thrashed in Whistler without issues.. I'm running 180/160..

HendyTreker
    Free Member

Yeah they truly are awesome. Bolted a set on before I went to the Alps and had absolutely no problems, stopped on a sixpence everytime. Pulled me out of the crap quite a few times!!

Spud

Good to read a review of these, quite fancying them to replace my XTs. Do you have the 2009 or 2010?

bonesetter
    Free Member

I run the Mega's which are almost the same as the One's (2 piece caliper, instead of one)

Have to agree – brilliant.

I like the way you don't have thrash them to get what you need. Makes the pads last a long time too

Kramer
    Free Member

Spud, I've got the 2009 from CRC in the sale.

grumm
    Free Member

These ones?

Crikey you would expect them to be good for £380!

Thinking about some K18s or 24s though.

bodger
    Free Member

will the spares be as hard to find as the oros?

Kramer
    Free Member

Not had a problem so far.

Kramer
    Free Member

grumm – they were £300 when I bought them. 😀 Still not cheap though.

gingerflash

I used some on holiday in Italy, 200mm front and rear. They were fantastic while they worked.

However, one day the rear lost all of its fluid. the refilling and bleeding process was pretty horrendous compared to the simplicity of Hope.

chakaping
    Free Member

Anyone tried the new RX yet?

It's the replacement for the Oro but I think may borrow some features from the One.

They come on what will probably be my next bike.

Dirtynap
    Free Member

They are great brakes. I however prefer Hope's but that just me. When I had them they went through pads like they were going out of fashion which is probably why they worked so well. They are expensive but then Hopes aren't cheap either your looking at £300 all in for either of them.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Formula 'The One' brakes.’ is closed to new replies.