Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Finding a multi activity team challenge – including MTB’ing of course
  • joebickley
    Free Member

Hello,

Does anyone know of anywhere i might be able to find some kind of team challange event where you do a combination of hiking, mountain biking and kayaking or similar. Ive been Googling but all im finding is like 3 Peaks and corporate “raft building” guff. I want like a 2 day semi-competitive/charity challange kind of thing.

About 10 years ago i worked for Land Rover and they put on a massive event and it was awesome to compete in. They were big enough to do the whole thing themselves but i want my work to enter a team or two to compete against others and can probably get sponsorship.

Being as loads of you enter MTB only events i wondered if anyone had come accross something like this?

Cheer

JB

hugorune

Try Sleep Monsters for all your adventure racing needs. Depends on how extreme you want to go there is anything from 5/8 hour short races to week long epics. The rat race is always a good bet – if you do Bristol / Edinburgh you get out in the countryside.

29erKeith
    Free Member

the Helly Hansen adventure race series is always a very good start

MTB bit of a run bit Kayaking + some assault course type bits sometimes too depending on the course/location, no map reading on those
    2.5 hours for the pros up to 5-6 hours for plodders, always a good day out
    or EnduranceLife events

or there’s TrailAthlons off road Tri’s

+ loads of AR which will have map reading too, sleepmonsters is the one stop shop for all of it really

MicArms

go to challengerworld for the UK and Europe challenges. A good laugh, but not cheap. Approx 5k team entry fee and then about another 2- 3 K on flights out and van hire etc for the euro one.

Milkie
    Free Member

Rat Race!!! I’m hoping to enter for the Sat & Sunday next year. 😀

joebickley
    Free Member

Cheers for the info guys – the sleepmonsters site is really good. Found a couple of decent ones for work and a couple of ones for me to do too. result!

I want to get something that most people at work can have a go at with a bit of training. Dont want to go all “elite athlete” mainly because i’m not one!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Finding a multi activity team challenge – including MTB’ing of course’ is closed to new replies.