Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • female cyclist
  • vanessag
    Free Member

hi, I’m new to all this, are there any female cyclists around Helmshore, Haslingden, Ramsbottom who are looking for other female cyclist to go on weekly rides with?

qwerty
    Free Member

Ramsbottom

female

rides

[childish] fnarr fnarr [/childish]

edit: i apologise. hopefully my bump will find you some riding buddies

AngusWells

Vanessa

Big sigh. Please ignore the idiots.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

vanessag

The Vanessa Q (DH world champ) or just another Vanessa Q riding bikes?

kayak23

Vanessaq, try Shecycles Forum
    I know a couple of ladies who’ve met like-minded folk to ride with off there…

wwaswas

local bike shops may also do ‘women only’ (or even mixed with women attending) rides so you could ask them too.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Hi Vanessa , it’s Mart here , met you on the trails last Sunday , good luck and ignore the buffoons.

Pook

thisisnotaspoon….

neither.

AndyP
    Free Member

is it just me who can’t see a ‘Q’ in the OP’s name?

vanessag
    Free Member

Hi Mart, cheers for that. will try the steps soon.

vanessag
    Free Member

thanks for that, I have looked at shecycles forum, i don’t think its up and running. Hopefully there will be some ladies out there locally who fancy a bit of company mtb.

Craggyjim
    Free Member

My girlfriend and I live in north Bury. I think she might be keen for some female company for bike rides. I’ll pass on this message to her.

Pook

andyq, I’m with you too ;o)

pennine
    Free Member

Shecycle gals appear to use Facebook more than their website. Most of them are from the Manchester area so not far from you. Post your details on their website and someone will give you some info & future meets.
    I rode with this lot (all Shecycle members) a couple of months ago at Delamere Forest. btw I’m a bloke and was invited 😀

cinnamon_girl

I obviously can’t speak for the Northern lot but the Southern folk I’ve ridden with have been absolute gentlemen. 8)

Remember, people can appear rather shouty and big hitter-ist on here but they’re really pussycats underneath all that hot air. 😉

bellys
    Free Member

Have a look on here there is loads of female riders think there is about 200 riders in total of mixed sex.

Manchester Mountain Bikers

Manchester, GB
    192 Members

Please see below for joining instructions (click ‘read more’)We are a friendly and diverse club dedicated to mountain biking. As the name suggests we are based in the Manches…

Check out this Meetup Group →

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

C_G, I owe you a ride.

Bike ride, obviously. 😉

Vanessa, welcome to the fold! It’s a nice place, this, once you get used to the vagaries!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I obviously can’t speak for the Northern lot but the Southern folk I’ve ridden with have been absolute gentlemen.

Unless we’re ladies!! 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Cap’n – I’ve given up waiting for an invite! But, then again, do you hug as well as TSY? 😉

How you doin’ Yeti?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Better, way better! 😉

Am often found in Stonehenge on a Saturday morning, where a hug can be arranged.

😉

Need to work out my diary, as I’m split between London and Wiltshire, and then have to spend too long travelling for work. Something will happen….! 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m doing well Auntie… all the better for the thought of getting pre-historic with you and the Captain…

How are you?

Bunnyhop

C_G, I owe you a ride.

Blimey if this goes ahead, could I come too. I didn’t think you were real flashy.
    Sorry for the hijack Vanessa.

Vanessa – I belong to the North West mtb ladies group, who are from: North West mtbikes (shop In Cheadle, Stockport). We have been known to travel to different parts of the North West. Sadly I haven’t ridden with them much this year, due to various things getting in the way. However the group has over 50 members.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Real, but really disappointing. 😉

Bunnyhop

CF – you’re a chap who mtbs and skis, what is disappointing about that?
    Anyhow I’ve always wanted to ride with C_G too.

cinnamon_girl

Stonehenge? Rode through there, not literally, last weekend. 8) Be honest now, could you cope with a female posse?

TSY – lol and I hope your good lady doesn’t read the Forum! What’s your next challenge then?

I’m fine thanks. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

lol and I hope your good lady doesn’t read the Forum! What’s your next challenge then?

Getting people to pledge money to get her to Paris…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stonehenge, as in Stonehenge Cycles. 😉

Bunnyhop, I think I love you…! 🙂

Bunnyhop

Bluddy hell, Stonehenge – that’s in France isn’t it? 😀

cheez0
    Free Member

Stonehenge – that’s in France isn’t it

Well it used to be until early lager louts went and nicked the stones and brought them over here!

..or was it wales, 🙂

btw, welcome vanessa, thats a G after, not a Q, right?

Clover

Hi Vanessa,
    I’m a bit further over in Tod. I’ve only got a cx at the mo but when the MTB is fixed I am game for a spin round Lee Quarry over your way. Not this week as I seem to be going to Belgium. On holiday. To ride at least a hundred km a day. 😯

Not sure how that happened but also have many nice cx/hard tail loops round Hebden and Tod and am always up for a loop of the Mary Towneley.

Beate (can be found in Makepiece in Hebden bridge when not being battered to death by Belgian cobbles)

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘female cyclist’ is closed to new replies.