Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • events in europe
  • willb
    Free Member

Wife and I went to the Roc d azur last year and had a wonderful time. Is there any other events like this with exp and 1 day races in europe for something a bit different for this year

mrmo
    Free Member

depends on what you want, my fav is http://www.grand-raid-cristalp.ch

shedfull
    Free Member

The Oxygen Challenge might be worth a look.

ianv
    Free Member
    willb
    Free Member

thanks for the info. I’ll get something out of these

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Grand Raid Cristalp is epic. Loved it.
    Some great stage races in Europe too, not the famous ones though.

kcr
    Free Member

http://www.mtbchallenge.com/

Great riding in Poland and the Czech republic and excellent value, especially compared to some of the better known Euro events. Very friendly atmosphere, with everyone from full on racers to weekend warriors taking part.

jambalaya
    Free Member

So Grand Raid Cristalp veterans – how many miles do you normally do and how did you train for the event.

juan
    Free Member

Transprovence, transvésubienne, Trèfle vésubien.

mrmo
    Free Member

So Grand Raid Cristalp veterans – how many miles do you normally do and how did you train for the event.

er, lots, and lots, and a few more. If your rides are flat, find hills, if there hilly, find more hills. when i last did it i was commuting 26miles a day plus weekend rides. I hope to do it next year, new job is 34miles a day and actually has a hilly option which should help.

it is something like 6km of climbing in 130km. you can get the climb total, what you can’t do is get the continuous climbing, the temperature changes or the altitude. Thing is it is not just about being able to ride the distance but you also have to make sure you don’t miss the cuts.

kcr
    Free Member

Is 6 km climbing not a bit of an over estimate, unless the route has changed radically? Think it was around 4km last time I rode.
    There are also shorter distance options on the Cristalp, if you don’t fancy the full 130 .

mrmo
    Free Member

Is 6 km climbing not a bit of an over estimate

They do keep on changing the number, i am sure the first time i did it they were claiming 4000m ish now it is 5025, the course was longer last year/year before? as they added another climb, hadn’t looked but before but they have cut that climb out.

So yes 6k might be a slight over estimate. but it does change.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

My Garmin connect account from 2010 (with a few km’s downhill missing around 30km mark), placed around 25th I think: [urlhttp://connect.garmin.com/activity/45822071[/url]

5323m climbing. But it is easy climbing, in the sense that it is mostly nice gradients on smooth tracks.
    Still a tough day on the bike!

2010 they lengthened the course, normally it is 125km I believe.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘events in europe’ is closed to new replies.