Viewing 40 posts - 39,921 through 39,960 (of 77,140 total)
  • EU Referendum – are you in or out?
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Ed you posted racist cartoons to make s point. True colours.

Mike as you know ECHR has nothing to do with Brexit unless you are a remoaner deliberately distorting the truth.

Still after last week, must be tough being a remoaner so struggling with the truth is understandable

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Nope. Nice yet Brexit has nothing to do with ECHR unless you need to make things up to (mis)prove a point

Edukator
    Free Member

my parents cames to the UK just before I was born but my brother was born in Zambia.

💡

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Still after last week, must be tough being a remoaner so struggling with the truth is understandable

Claims offence at a cartoon and then launches in with the insults again…

If you missed the point of the cartoon it was that those in finance and banking don’t have to worry about little things like freedom of movement or visa’s as they can just buy them.

kelvin

Mike as you know ECHR has nothing to do with Brexit unless you are a remoaner deliberately distorting the truth.

Bullshiting for England! Keep going.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well that’s a lie too. Racist and inaccurate. Very fitting

tjagain

I wouldn’t hold your breath Mike. Classic THM tactics. throw out general accusations then refuse to provide any details or back it up

Edukator
    Free Member

For most of the colonial period, Zambia was governed by an administration appointed from London with the advice of the British South Africa Company. On 24 October 1964, Zambia became independent of the United Kingdom

Wiki

anagallis_arvensis

my parents cames to the UK just before I was born but my brother was born in Zambia. He was a banker for part of his life but did not wear stereotypical clothing nor does he have large lips as portrayed – and to racist apologists on previous pages. They are easy to read unless you are an apologist too. Your choice.

WTF are you dribbling on about?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Racism AA – it’s quite an important issue for some of us. Are you an apologist too?

kelvin

Some genius trolling, you have to admit. Ninfan throws this thread yards off topic with a typical hate stirring spin on some horrible crimes carried out by UK citizens, and then THM takes us miles off topic by throwing as many cries of “racist” into the mix as possible. Time wasters.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What are we apologising for again? (as somebody who has been called professionally offended before) If it’s just the cartoon then you obviously missed the actual meaning that nice english bankers get away with what they like.

anagallis_arvensis

Racism AA – it’s quite an important issue for some of us. Are you an apologist too?

I dont know, you’re the clever one why dont you tell me. I as usual have my work cut out understanding your posts.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Do you have to be white to be English? Why English not British? Why was the banker not black? Why the stereotype clothes and the exaggerated facial features?

Why would someone want to post such a cartoon?

kelvin

I used “English”, not “British” in my comment deliberately, due to your rants about Scottish people.

anagallis_arvensis

What cartoon?

Edukator
    Free Member

And that the English toff banker will have to move to Germany to find work post Brexit, but thanks to Brexit will have the same status as refugees fleeing conflict in Africa – but without the refugee staus so they’ll just be (hated by the British gutter press) economic migrants. The irony being that a Brexit born of hate for economic migrants has turned the banker into an economic migrant.

Anagallis-A, I posted a few cartoons to illustrate how the French and British cartoonists are playing with Britain. One of the cartoons portrayed a sterotypical British toff banker, a steotypical German civil servant and two sterotypical refugees in a German asylum seekers reception office.

THM claims the cartoon is somehow racist. In that the only person show in a negative light is the British banker I fail to see it as racist unless the fact the banker is white is the reason the cartoon is funny. I found it funny because of the irony of a British banker becoming an economic migrant due to Brexit. And the sterotypical portrayal of the British banker.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

For racist abuse (with the threat of physical violence) of someone that was excused on the basis of lies. But we have seen victim blaming before in the case of harassment. So no change there. True colours

anagallis_arvensis

Maybe you could try taking a breath and put it down in some easy to understand bullet points for me?

kelvin

I see people have tried to raise the latest trade deal several times… only for troll noise to drown them out… so Japan… when will we get a trade deal, how much longer after the EU/Japan deal, in what way and how can we get better terms, and how will Brexit inform future EU/Japan relations (if the successful model of Japanese investment in the UK for SM/CU sales, is seriously damaged)?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Edukator – Reformed Troll
    And that the English toff banker will have to move to Germany to find work post Brexit, but thanks to Brexit will have the same status as refugees fleeing conflict in Africa – but without the refugee staus so they’ll just be (hated by the British gutter press) economic migrants. The irony being that a Brexit born of hate for economic migrants has turned the banker into an economic migrant.

Nope.

kelvin

I think THM is still banging on about the drunk **** that his son had the displeasure of sharing a train with.

kelvin

Can someone just delete all the “nope” posts?

Is a “banker” moving to another country for work reasons an “ecomonic migrant”…?
    Is Brexit causing the movement of people working in financial services to move from the UK to other countries…?
    Was the Brexit vote in any way linked to people wanting to reduce the number of people moving to the UK for work…?

anagallis_arvensis

I think THM is still banging on about the drunk **** that his son had the displeasure of sharing a train with.

Oh right. How does this link to cartoons?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Happily when people stop posting inaccurate statements. It’s easy – well should be. But it’s been a bad week if you are into the truth

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

AA both racism and apologising for racism have been desolated in different occasions. Along with victim blaming. True colours

tjagain

kelvin – Member

I see people have tried to raise the latest trade deal several times… only for troll noise to drown them out… so Japan… when will we get a trade deal, how much longer after the EU/Japan deal, in what way and how can we get better terms, and how will Brexit inform future EU/Japan relations (if the successful model of Japanese investment in the UK for SM/CU sales, is seriously damaged)?

The EU side have categorically ruled out any deal for the UK that is better than the trade deals the EU has with any other non EU nations

kelvin

I don’t think that’s the case at all TJ. If it is, could you post a link please? Ta.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Back in the summer we received a commitment from Japan that they would look to replicate and EU trade deal with one with the UK

kelvin

When? Will we get better terms? Is there a risk of getting worse terms?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

All we know for now is what the Japanese have committed to. The rest is unknown IIRC

kelvin

Skim reading suggests that, at least initially, we won’t get worse terms. That’s ace! A commitment on timescales would be the icing on the cake, but too many unknowns on our side for that, I suppose.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

This is why we needed to move on from the start but the EU didn’t want that. Watch the French do the same over next quarter

RichPenny
    Free Member

You with the sad eyes
    Don’t be discouraged, oh I realize
    It’s hard to take courage
    In a world full of people
    You can lose sight of it all
    The darkness inside you
    Can make you feel so small
    Show me a smile then
    Don’t be unhappy
    Can’t remember when
    I last saw you laughing
    This world makes you crazy
    And you’ve taken all you can bear
    Just call me up
    ‘Cause I will always be there
    And I see your true colors
    Shining through
    I see your true colors
    And that’s why I love you
    So don’t be afraid to let them show
    Your true colors
    True colors are beautiful
    I see your true colors
    Shining through (true colors)
    I see your true colors
    And that’s why I love you
    So don’t be afraid to let them show
    Your true colors
    True colors are beautiful (they’re beautiful)
    Like a rainbow
    Oh oh…

kilo

kelvin – Member
    I don’t think that’s the case at all TJ. If it is, could you post a link

It’s on the front page of the observer today, although it’s eu sources rather than a named party. Says third countries have already mentioned U.K. Getting preferred terms with Eu would be a problem

spekkie
    Free Member

kelvin – Member

Can someone just delete all the “nope” posts?

Is a “banker” moving to another country for work reasons an “ecomonic migrant”…?
    Is Brexit causing the movement of people working in financial services to move from the UK to other countries…?
    Was the Brexit vote in any way linked to people wanting to reduce the number of people moving to the UK for work…?

Yep.

kelvin

It’s on the front page of the observer today, although it’s eu sources rather than a named party. Says third countries have already mention

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/09/global-powers-lobby-to-stop-special-brexit-deal-for-uk

All pretty meaningless (and not news) unless we know which third countries it refers to.

I want to see a Venn diagram of…

A) countries threatening to block our proposals for UK outside the EU at WTO
    B) countries with, or negotiating, EU trade deals seeking to stop us getting a more preferential FTA with the EU
    C) countries we are hoping to get a better, and/or earlier, trade deal with outside the EU, rather than as members

If we could get that drawn up, I think it would blow the mind of, for example, Liam Fox.

metalheart
    Free Member

I think we need to add allegedly. Personally I’m calling “fake news”. His language used is pretty suspect, he moves tenses, I think he made it up because it suits his trolling. Gives him something to be professionally offended about.

I see now he’s taking a leaf out of chewks book 😯 😯

Maybe he forgets which sock puppet he’s supposed to be today 😆

Edukator
    Free Member

Watch the French do the same over next quarter

Do what exactly over the next quarter? Without details I’ll take that as a slur.

tjagain

Kelvinthats the story ( plus a couple of others) I was basing it on.

Note the Canada deal does not include financial services and I also read that “EU officials” are ruling out anything better than that

Viewing 40 posts - 39,921 through 39,960 (of 77,140 total)

The topic ‘EU Referendum – are you in or out?’ is closed to new replies.